Post What Jazz You're Listening To

@bagman67, thanks for posting the David Fiuczynski Youtube version. I really enjoyed it, I need to check out some more of his stuff at some point.

And a version of Billy Cobham's Stratus certainly belongs :cool:

So here it is. Slightly off-topic for the thread, but as it was discussed earlier.

The guitar looks cool. I notice his hair has changed from gray to dark, perhaps the new signature guitar has literally turned back the clock!! :oops:

I saw Koko Taylor on a double bill with Buddy Guy, years ago on a booze cruise around manhattan. That was fun.
I have seen Koko Taylor and Buddy Guy too though not at same concert. Both outdoors though.

Another live show, this time with Herbie Hancock on piano, the too-soon departed Michael Brecker on sax, the similarly lamented Roy Hargrove on trumpet, George Mraz on bass, and Willie Jones III on drums.

Continuing my streak of posting live shows - here's guitarist Julian Lage's trio with Jorge Roeder on bass and Eric Doob on drums. It's audio-only, but still a wonderful listen.

I've been to a half dozen Julian Lage shows and never been disappointed. Do yourself a favor and go see him when he's in your neighborhood. He tours relentlessly, so you'll get a chance.

Simon Phillips & Protocol: 30th Anniversary Tour - Leverkusener Jazztage 2019

00:00 - Intro 00:21 - Celtic Run 08:42 - Solitaire 16:26 - You Can't But You Can 24:47 - Circle Seven 37:21 - Moments Of Fortune 48:22 - Midair Decision ● Personnel: Simon Phillips - drums Otmaro Ruiz - keyboards Ernest Tibbs - bass Alex Sill - guitar Jacob Scesney - sax

That woman could swing her @ss off. Such a loss when she departed the stage so young.

Edit: Steve Bailey looks like he's 16 years old in that video!

Last edited:
Back