Post What Metal You are Listening To

Extreme dropped a video with a song from their upcoming album. Woohoo!

Big Extreme fan here! I’ve seen them live many times and will hopefully catch them on their upcoming tour, too. Nuno’s sense of rhythm is exceptional, and is not too shabby when it comes to the solos, either 😜

And let's not forget their latest video - Adieu - that has 26 million view in 4 months.
Incredible production. Most have cost a fortune.

Big Extreme fan here! I’ve seen them live many times and will hopefully catch them on their upcoming tour, too. Nuno’s sense of rhythm is exceptional, and is not too shabby when it comes to the solos, either 😜
Beato does a great analysis of the tune, which is great in part because it gives us the insight as to how Nuno does it, and also because it brings to the fore how perceptive Beato is.

Despite the static they get nowadays, I'm excitedly waiting for Metallica's 72 Seasons to officially release this Friday. Metallica was my biggest influence way back in the day, and they continue to be. My rhythm playing has been Hetfield-esque for 35 years, though I still don't have the right arm endurance, articulation, and speed that he does (and at this point, nearing 50 years old, I'm not going to, if we're being honest here ;) ). I've since branched out more into Euro-melo-death style, but I can always use muscle memory to come back to old Metallica style and it's comforting in many ways.

My car's sound system is back on shuffle again, so this one came up as I was leaving home this morning.

Going back to my roots lately (not just metal, I was also into a lot of artsy fartsy crap in high school - graduated in 1993). This album kicked my ass when it came out. I was already a huge ST fan, but this was different ...

Awww, baby Rob Trujillo! :)

Smokin' album. My best friend had that album that served as the soundtrack of many of our midnight road trips. Including this marvelous gem:

I used to be a nothing but metal kinda guy. These days I primarily listen to guitar-based jazz and worship tunes (go figure-things change) but every once in awhile I get the itch back and Vola has been my go-to for awhile.

And some Cult Of Luna, Ihsahn, Woods Of Ypres, Night Crowned,

Back