Pine and Bamboo Tele video

stultzies9

I decided on a whim to do a take with Jam Track Central's Jam of the Month track for September, and I pulled out my Tele. It's got a pine body and one of the bamboo necks that were mentioned a few months ago. It's all one take, and all improv, so excuse the occasional missed note. The guitar went through a Visual Sound Route 66 and a BOSS CE-5 into a Carvin Legacy 3. I added the delay in Sonar.  The guitar itself is loaded with Righteous Sound pickups (Sparrow in the neck, and the Honey Badger in the bridge).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iyOoq3wAvA

Truly beautiful...I think I just heard Eric destroy a pair of Ralph Lauren skivvies!! Great feel, great tone, great playing...hat's off to you, man!! 

Nice work! I'm a big fan of electric guitar instrumentals, and that's a fine example of why.

Thank you guys very much for the kind words. I admit, it's pretty fun just throwing stuff down and posting it.  :)

Surf, I got the neck because I work there. It was available, I made an offer, and now it's on my Tele. It's pretty cool. It's NOT the most stable neck on the planet, but it seems to cut out just a little bit of the high end icepick thing that Teles are known for. Makes it a little more useable for me.

I thought you were familiar... I watched your "Brielle" clips last week and I'm really considering them as I have two guitars that need a pair of HB's.

Honestly, Kostas, I don't think you can go wrong with them. I have the neck pickup in two of my other guitars, and it's become my favorite neck humbucker.  :)

stultzies9 said:
Thank you guys very much for the kind words. I admit, it's pretty fun just throwing stuff down and posting it.  :)

Surf, I got the neck because I work there. It was available, I made an offer, and now it's on my Tele. It's pretty cool. It's NOT the most stable neck on the planet, but it seems to cut out just a little bit of the high end icepick thing that Teles are known for. Makes it a little more useable for me.

Thank God I don't work there. That would be trouble for me  :toothy12:. Nice score!

Not gonna lie, sometimes it's REALLY difficult to not just trade in my paycheck for stuff. Sadly, I do have to eat.  :-D

Back