September 2011Guitar/Bass of the month submissions ( 8 entries )

Nice neck Jalane...but don't look now because someone stole your strings! :laughing7:

I like how most of our pics show we have crappy yards but awesome guitars. Priorities!  :laughing8:  :guitaristgif:

keeper006 said:
I like how most of our pics show we have crappy yards but awesome guitars. Priorities!  :laughing8:  :guitaristgif:

I'm a lazy homeowner and I hate mowing the lawn, so I ripped out my yard many years ago.  :)

jalane said:
Here's a link to the build thread of the "Polished-TurdCaster"   :laughing7:
How dare you make light and call it a turd, this is a man's guitar we're talking about![/Cagey]  :icon_jokercolor:

Your Tele turned out incredibly - I'm very torn with my vote so far.

tubby.twins said:
I'm a lazy homeowner and I hate mowing the lawn, so I ripped out my yard many years ago.  :)

My laziness knows no bounds, either. So, condominiums. Anybody doesn't like the landscaping/greenskeeping, I've got a credible scapegoat.

Is it just me, or does Hybrid have some serious stones (pun intended) to put that guitar down on the rocks like that, old T-shirt underneath it or not? I'm sure if I tried to do that I'd manage to drop the guitar on the rocks, lunge at it in a frantic effort to catch it before it hit, end up smacking it so it would bounce and roll a few times instead of just hit the ground once, then fall on it and snap the neck when I finally scrambled over to it. I think I'm as impressed with his confidence in taking that pic as I am with the guitar.

You could be the next Jerry Lewis! You choreographed that tragic pratfall as clearly as if it had already happened! <grin>

I'm surprised at some of the poses people put their guitars in, too. I keep all mine wrapped in swaddling clothes, with conditioned atmosphere and nipples at their mouths so they need not want. I, too, have a wild-assed imagination that runs to the bizarre, and I could see your scenario happening clear as day. Except mine involved boobies.

It's boobies that distract me from carefully placing the guitar and start the whole fiasco. How'd you know?

Nothing to know. Boobies are at the root of everything. They nurture, comfort, entertain, console, excite, inspire... they're natal engrams, impossible to remember or forget, embedded in our neo-cortex as a fundamental part of the survival instinct. What else has that power?

Ah, primal instincts. But you forgot "act as a flotation device in the event of a water landing."

Only as long as your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright and locked positions. Otherwise, those with such features may be subject to an abrupt radical mastectomy upon impact. Although, to be fair, that would be the least of your worries at that point <grin>

If I had my way it'd be another tie for September Guitar of the Month between the "submarine", and the "king slayer."
Excellente Craftsmanship!
:kewlpics:

-DC

P.S. I just read some of the tail end comments! :laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing7:
I will have to go back and read some more!

DustyCat said:
If I had my way it'd be another tie for September Guitar of the Month between the "submarine", and the "king slayer."
Excellente Craftsmanship!
:kewlpics:

-DC

P.S. I just read some of the tail end comments! :laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing7:
I will have to go back and read some more!

rofl? Did I miss something?

Damon said:
Is it just me, or does Hybrid have some serious stones (pun intended) to put that guitar down on the rocks like that, old T-shirt underneath it or not?
Yes... you can see the t-shirt under the lower horn of the guitar... Thanks man!

Anyone notice the 'Air Guitar'  :icon_jokercolor:  the one without strings  :laughing7:

:icon_scratch: Another hard GOM .... may-be another draw coming up !
I'll cast my vote tomorrow, after a good hard look  :glasses9:

Good luck to all  :icon_thumright: & well done to you all  :icon_thumright:

Updown said:
Anyone notice the 'Air Guitar'   :icon_jokercolor:  the one without strings  :laughing7:

:icon_scratch: Another hard GOM .... may-be another draw coming up !
I'll cast my vote tomorrow, after a good hard look  :glasses9:

Good luck to all  :icon_thumright: & well done to you all  :icon_thumright:

Ha!  Those pics were taken before the nut was installed.  The guitar is now off being set up, but I'll post more pics once it's back and actually has strings on it. 

Back