Two new builds (Valco and tele)

I found this.

My guess is that even with the magnets in different planes, the humbucker is going to cause the poles ferrous material to be magnetically polarized.  So if the N side of the magnet is touching the "neck set" of poles, The S is up, the N is down in relation to the plane that the single coil pole pieces are oriented in.  If you look at the link, there is a nice picture that makes it a bit clearer.
Patrick

I'm in the assemblying/wiring part of this build now, and I'm finding A LOT of problems, which of course reflect the nature of the build  :icon_biggrin: cheap parts mean lots of work.
Firstly some of the frets are crooked, this means that'll eventually need to buy a new neck (BTW any cheap but good standart maple tele necks?" and some needed levelling.
Second i think the 3 way switch is broken. Depending on which hot is connected to which hot pin, it works only with the neck pup in position 1 and 2 and no sound on the bridge pup, or viceversa. I've redone all the soldering from scratch, double checked it, and still it doesn't work. Guess'll need to buy a new switch  :dontknow:

Back