Paul Gray dead at 38

W

whyachi

Paul Gray, bassist of Slipknot was found dead in a hotel room today. May has been a bad month for music.

These guys got me through high school, and Gray was one of the deciding factors in me taking interest in the bass to begin with. I just hope the tox screen doesn't come back that he OD'd as the current rumor is saying.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG_h8lsoT34[/youtube]

I heard he'd been clean and happy for the last 2 years. Cant think why he'd want to get back on drugs.  I'm no big Slipknot fan but I hope that's not what happened.

Hope we don't lose any more musicians this month...

Clean and sober, the body never forgets.  Especially the effects of speed and cocaine on the heart.  If it was a relapse, believe it or not, that's part of quitting.  R.I.P.

definatly a great loss  :sad1:

I wonder if they'll continue and if they do...who will replace him?

R.I.P Paul

This might be a big reduction on my part, but wearing a mask and playing bass in that band with 8 other people...I think it would be easy to find a replacement and still look the part.  They were as much visual as auditory.

Tempest said:
I heard he'd been clean and happy for the last 2 years. Cant think why he'd want to get back on drugs.  I'm no big Slipknot fan but I hope that's not what happened.

Hope we don't lose any more musicians this month...

Unfortunately once an addict always an addict. A lot of times these guys get clean and stay that way for a long time then one day they get a taste for it again and unfortunately hit a dosage like they used to and the body just isn't ready for it and they OD. It's really sad. To be honest, I've never listened to Slipknot, and I have no idea who this guy is, but it still bums me out to hear of someone dying so young. Especially if it's because of what they're saying it is.
MULLY

Back