Other Passions?

stratplayer1

So obviously all of us here are guitarists and we love playing, but what other things do all of you do?
for instance my other 2 passions are surfing, and muscle cars, particularly mustangs.

Photography, sustainability and community development (don't laugh... ) and my soon-to-be fiancee  :toothy11:

My kids.  I am also an artist in other media.  Not a good one, but whatever.  I'm also an amateur ethno-musicologist. 

The pursuit of Drambuie, fast women, powerful motorcycles*, building amps, photography, building effects, and general hellraiser.

Right now, I've got one amp I HAVE to finish before years end, a speaker box to finish, and a body and neck to lacquer.  And the ongoing saga of the Great Adventure 2008... mostly Harley related.

Life is too short... just give up now while you can!

The Great Adventure, 2008 (link)

*or was it powerful women and fast motorcycles

Football (soccer to you heathens  :laughing3:), particularly the Central Coast Mariners FC.

As a passionate supporter of the Central Coast Mariners, I identify myself as a Marinator, the unoffcial supporters group of the Central Coast Mariners. While passionate about our beloved Mariners, we are NOT hooligans or Ultras.

The Hyundai A-League has just started up for another season (we play in our summer so it coincides with the main competitions around the world).

This competition has been a shot in the arm for Football in Australia. It has been a success in attracting major sponsorships, good crowds, and decent football to watch. It has helped Australia lifts its level of Football competency, and was something that was sorely needed.

The major national league was previously very corrupt, poorly adminstrated, and had poor crowd attendances. Since 2005/06 season, the Hyundai A-League has provided a premier level of Football on a national basis and will be the backbone for improvements in Australia's efforts in future World Cup campaigns.

The sport I played asa  kid is now reaching the broader sporting community and I am very excited about the continuing success of all of this.

On the Central Coast, it has brought the community together, made folks feel proud about where they live, and provides some local heroes for our kids.

I am proud, in my own little way, that I was involved with the Marinators from the first season, and mightily happy that this has all blossomed into something good.

family (I have a little boy), song writing, and performing live.

Oh yea, and single malt scotch.  :icon_biggrin:

Racquetball, snowboarding, and posting on message boards. Used to be big into amateur winemaking but no can do in tiny NYC apt.

besides music in general:

astronomy
math/physics
sailing
horseback riding (though I haven't done that for quite some time...)
Martial Arts ((I've got a black belt in Kung Fu)
cooking
and I'm in a sekt: Everybody to Mac and Screw Microsoft!  :icon_jokercolor:
well, thats about it I guess :D

I like to spend time with my family and fiancee. Band night on Tuesdays. I also do a little bit of 3d art from time to time.

Brian

After reading this thread , apparently I have no life . Well ... other than guitars .  :sad:

and that I seem to be an active community volunteer . :hello2:

theres nothing wrong with that, sometimes I wish I only had one hobby all mine are damn expensive, im always broke

TexxasJam said:
Astronomy, Golf, Fishing, Photography, Watching Movies.   :guitarplayer2:

Oops! Forgot one...I really enjoy a fine cigar from time to time!  Macanudo, Romeo y Julieta, Partagas, Cohiba...etc. The cost keeps me from smoking them too much. They're enjoyed best with friends and and your favorite drink. Preferably, after a sumptuous meal.

Back