- Hiking
- Getting Drunk
- Travelling
- Beer
- Biking
- Making an Arse out of myself getting shitfaced in the Pub

by:

Spending time with my 2 yr old son
Getting Fat (may be a result of previous hobbies)
reading about guitars on the internet more than actually playing them

Let's see...  Besides building Guitars there is...
Building/Modding Tube Amps
Building effects pedals
Books
Reading about current trends in science
Amateur Weather Man
Cooking Knives
Cooking Equipment
and finally Cooking in any form
Obsessing about finding as much info as possible about any of the above
I would obsess about Parrots, but the Ex got them so I have not started back in on that road

Other things of note, BP, +infinity, that is the car
I helped my Dad rebuild a '67 912, lots of fun
Patrick

All im gonna say about you guys and your foreign cars is that American cars are much better. Especially from the 60's.

stratplayer1 said:
All im gonna say about you guys and your foreign cars is that American cars are much better. Especially from the 60's.

Well that's just perspective talking - I think foreign cars are pretty dull too, especially american cars!  :icon_tongue:

;)

My other hobbies (apart from guitar playing) have been pretty much eaten up by having really stupid work hours, but reading, movies, cooking, plate spotting and computer/video games are lots of fun. But my head is always full of music, right from the moment I wake up until I go to bed. I need to rearrange my life so that some of it can be let out.

kboman said:
stratplayer1 said:

Well that's just perspective talking - I think foreign cars are pretty dull too, especially american cars!  :icon_tongue:

;)

My other hobbies (apart from guitar playing) have been pretty much eaten up by having really stupid work hours, but reading, movies, cooking, plate spotting and computer/video games are lots of fun. But my head is always full of music, right from the moment I wake up until I go to bed. I need to rearrange my life so that some of it can be let out.

that is a little bit the way it is for me too..
Sometimes I wish I had centered my hobby around something that I'm actually really good at!  :icon_biggrin:

Cars, guitars, and spinner babes (not necessarily in that order) 
eusa_drool.gif
icon_wink.gif

stratplayer1 said:
So obviously all of us here are guitarists and we love playing,

Bassists too.

I used to love fixing up my truck, but I've come to the conclusion it's a waste of money that I'll never get back and gets expensive very fast, even for the smallest mod.

I raced dirt bikes 15 years and 60 pounds ago.

I paint ball in the vacant fields around the neighborhood with the neighbors from time to time.

I like to cook in the smoker.  It's more for the experience than just the end result.  I get up before the sun to build the fire, usually alone and it's cold.  Once it gets going and the meat is on, it's time for a lawn chair, radio, ash tray, and cold ones.  I usually throw on smaller items like brats or boudin that I can nibble on during the day.  If it's football season, I'll rig up a TV somehow.  No doubt the neighborhood smells all of this, and I get a visit from many.  It's okay, I've got more lawn chairs and cold ones, and they are welcomed to "white trash it up" with me.  After the sun goes down, dinner is ready.  After 8 to 12 hours at 225 to 250 degrees, anything is done, and tender as all get out.  It's an all day thing.  It doesn't require much effort, but it gets all of my attention.  I can't be disturbed because I'm cooking.  It's about the journey, not the destination.  And yes, fat people get hungry too.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
That's the most I've ever seen you type, and also the only one that wasn't a complement on a build.

I PM, read, absorb, and learn - good folk and gear to appreciate around here. You've probably just missed some of my spews
icon_wink.gif

SlingBass said:
dbw said:
What's a spinner babe?

Since this is an open forum...I'll try to be descreet as possible - small (usually Asian) nekkid gals you can spin on your lap
whistling.gif
i'm making a disturbed face while typing, but i believe Billy conoly talked about that in one of his comedy's.

Spinners are ANY women under 5'2" and height/weight proportional; race/nationality NOT a categorical factor

Can we please turn this thread back to a family orientated theme ? thank you . at least til my next "rant" !? rage ?!  :hello2:

Outside of music my passions are:
photography - I looooove taking pictures
movies - there was a used CD/DVD store by my old house that I loved to death. Most movies cost 10$, which means I could go buy a movie, watch it, then if I liked it I would keep it and if not I would just go back and sell it back to them for 5-7$. So if I like it, great, cheap movie, if not then what ever, it would cost me less to buy the movie and sell it back to them and it is cheaper then renting most movies. Thus, I own way to many movies.
rugby - I used to play (and was damn good), but I have very bad knees from birth and have had to stop due to way to many dislocations. I lived in Manitoba where the legal age was 18, so I found a great pub that showed all the games and I would go drink and enjoy the games with my friends there. A few weeks ago I moved to Ontario where the legal age is 19, so I am missing a solid month of games until I can at least go to pubs, nevertheless try to find one that shows games. It is killing me.

I wish Rugby was normally played in Brazil... As far as I know, there is only some teams in the publics universities... all them amateur...

Back