One for my fellow lefties on Fleabay

theklanch

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=120374377788

front.jpg

And a neck for it....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=120374381723

neck.jpg

When I found these they were both under $20......  But we all know how ebay works.....  List something, get some bids, call your buddies to shrill bid for you and get some unsuspecting buyer to pay an overinflated price.  I guess something is worth what someone will pay for it. 

I bet we see this guitar back on ebay soon all put back together for some rediculous price, just a guess

That's from the same dude I bought my silver Jazzmaster from.

He's a pretty nice guy.

The body went for ~230, and the neck went for ~150.

Both prices were due to three idiots in a bidding war. And I think I see two of them are already bidding on that body.

Overall, I'm really happy with what I got for that price, though...if I could just wire it up properly. ???

One thing I would point out...that neck is a VINTAGE style. You have to take the entire neck off to adjust. Total pain in the ass. Still, it'll be an excellent backup guitar I don't have to feel bad about dinging up (I have less than 500 bucks put into it at this point).

well if 2 of them are bidding again they may be friends of his boosting the bids. It is cheaper to have your friends bid up the price then to set a reserve.

I doubt it - I didn't place my first bid until 10 seconds before it ended.

I mean, ONE of them might have been a patsy, but not both.

exalted said:
That's from the same dude I bought my silver Jazzmaster from.

He's a pretty nice guy.

The body went for ~230, and the neck went for ~150.

Both prices were due to three idiots in a bidding war. And I think I see two of them are already bidding on that body.

Overall, I'm really happy with what I got for that price, though...if I could just wire it up properly. ???

One thing I would point out...that neck is a VINTAGE style. You have to take the entire neck off to adjust. Total pain in the ass. Still, it'll be an excellent backup guitar I don't have to feel bad about dinging up (I have less than 500 bucks put into it at this point).

I knew it.  Shrill bidding.  He might be a nice guy but if he is having his buddies shrill bid he is a thief IMHO  That kind of unethical behavior makes me want to smash my computer and forget I ever heard about Al Gore's Internet (he invented it you know, just ask him, he'll tell you all about it!!)

exalted said:
I dunno. I still got it as a reasonable price, as far as I'm concerned.

Oh I totally agree with you.  That is an awesome deal all things considered.  I hate to bring this up, but think about what you would have got that guitar for if there wasn't a bidding war on it. 

About $275-300 for body+neck+hardware. That'd have been the deal of the century!

Shrills only work if people are dumb enough to fall for them and participate in the bidding war.

Whether it was a con or just rampant idiocy (or both!), I had a set price in my mind. I bid 260 on the body right before the end, cause that was the most I wanted to pay (but got it for 230).

For the neck, I did end up paying more than I would have liked (about Warmoth's price for a new neck, not counting the finish), but that was after I had won the body...Warmoth's turnaround is just too long, and I needed a good guitar. (Though if Warmoth stocked at least a FEW lefty finished bodies/necks in their showcase...)

Even with its wiring problems, my new JM has already reignited my passion for playing...and that's all that really matters.  :guitaristgif:

Hey man good for you I do like to hear when it all works out.  I don't understand Warmoth's logic on the left handed equipment.  They probably sell more left handed equipment than most other big guitar shops, yet we still have to wait for freakin ever to get our stuff.  Are they trying to prove a point to us?  Do they think that we should all play upside down strats?  Sorry this really pisses me off.  Why can't I pick something out of the showcase?  How hard would it be for them to have one of every body style in the showcase for lefties?  I am sure it wouldn't hurt their bottom line at all to make up a lefty body when they are making showcase bodies.  Or maybe instead of focusing so much of their production on the showcase and spent more time on the custom orders, we wouldn't have to wait 2 months for our stuff.  Maybe you and I should start our own company that caters to lefties, and make the right handed guitarists wait two months for their guitars.  You know if Warmoth had one lefty player on their staff I am sure that there would be more lefty stuff we could buy off the shelf.  One good thing about the custom order process on the left handed stuff is you know your guitar is bieng built for you, not something you have to compromise on off the showcase shelf.  Sorry about the rant I am just getting tired of feeling like I am a second class guitarist cause my body won't work with a right handed guitar.  I'd like to hear from some of the turtle employees about this policy of no lefty instruments...  C'mon there has to be an answer that is better than 'our sales and production procedures do not justify stocking left handed instruments' or some other kind of care salesman bullshit.....  I'm pretty pissed at Warmoth, I called last week to add a couple of pots to my neck order and (i'm not gonna mention whom I talked to) I asked him how much longer, he told me and I qoute, "Well you are a week and a half into a 4-6 week build, I wouldn't expect your neck until the 7 week mark"  I know it doesn't take that long to build a neck, unless of course it has to sit in a pile of unfinished pieces while the production line is putting out all those showcase pieces. 

Anyway off the soapbox, I'm gonna play my guitar a little........

Preaching to the choir, here.

No, I can't imagine it would hurt them one lick to have a few finished AND unfinished lefty bodies/necks on hand. Granted, no, they may not sell immediately, but they WILL sell. It's not like every single piece sells out of the showcase within X amount of days/weeks/months, anyway. And it's also not like that stuff has a "Sell By" date.

And I agree with you -I'm sure Warmoth sells just as much lefty gear as any other mid to high end dealer/product line. I'm not building a Warmoth because I love the exotic wood or am excited about putting together my own guitar (that's a big NO to both...I'm super un-handy when it comes to this kind of thing). I'm building a Warmoth because it was the only way to get what I want.

As much as I'm sure I'm going to love the JM I custom-ordered, frankly, if they had finished showcase bodies, I likely would have gone that route.

You have a good point Exalted, Warmoth isn't a dairy farm, guitars don't have a shelf life.  Unless somebody isn't telling me something...

Maybe someday they will wake up and discover that they do make more left handed instruments than most other companies by a percentage.  I would like to see sales numbers from Fender to see what the percentage of leftie instruments they put out.  I bet it is less than 1% of their total worldwide sales, but I would bet that Warmoth is somewhere in the 5-10% range of left handed stuff.  What do they say that one in six people is left handed, and how many of them are guitarists? Ok so wouldn't that mean that one in six guitarists are left handed?  I would be building at least one lefty out of every 10 guitars to be on the conservative side if I owned Warmoth.... 

Remember the customer is always right, unless he is a left handed guitarist........

Back