OMG! I just won Billy Sheehan's POD!

Alright, one small problem, and I just emailed Billy.

The letter of authenticity contains a spelling error, the date is off by a day, and the serial number is a digit off. :doh:

I'll see what Billy says. I think he probably was in a rush when he did it.

line6man said:
Alright, one small problem, and I just emailed Billy.

The letter of authenticity contains a spelling error, the date is off by a day, and the serial number is a digit off. :doh:

I'll see what Billy says. I think he probably was in a rush when he did it.
Funny :tard:

I think if it was me, I might not push my luck. Spelling and date errors can be attributed to his being a musician rather than an English major, although if you ever thought you might sell it, the serial number being off by a digit could be attributed to fraud on your part. That's NFG. Probably should call the police <grin>

Cagey said:
I think if it was me, I might not push my luck. Spelling and date errors can be attributed to his being a musician rather than an English major, although if you ever thought you might sell it, the serial number being off by a digit could be attributed to fraud on your part. That's NFG. Probably should call the police <grin>

Well, I'm OCD, so this must be fixed goddamit! :blob7:
Lol.

If I tried to sell this unit, the serial number would cause me trouble, but I don't plan to sell it unless I am forced to do so for financial reasons, or if it turns out to be worth thousands years from now or something. I'm not much of a resale values guy. I bought this for myself and I'd like to hold on to it.
I'm more worried with the fact that the letter contains incorrect information, and therefore, is not really a letter of authenticity because the serial number is for a different unit.

Frankly, I do find it a bit unprofessional that the seller didn't catch these errors before he shipped it.
If Billy was in a rush and fricked up, that's totally understandable, but the seller should have at least noticed the spelling error.

Come to think of it, why would Billy be typing up the letter? All he needs to do is sign it.
The seller should have had a letter typed up for Billy to sign when they met. I say the blame is definitely on the seller's part in one way or another.
Either the seller typed up an erroneous letter, or he didn't check to make sure the letter was correct before shipping the POD off.

Or, they're both musicians instead of English majors. Y'know... right-brain vs. left-brain dominant. Creative versus logical. What might be obvious to a 6th grader would escape their notice. Surely you've met some top-end musicians before. Like many artists, they often seem simultaneously bonked in the head and highly specialized, like idiot savants. Or, they could just be stupid. Being famous puts a lot of people on pedestals they don't belong on by any stretch of the imagination. Look at Barrack Obama <grin>

Doing some Google research on Billy and the POD, found this in a guitars101 interview.

Eric: I see you are a fan of Line 6 products and used the POD on your solo album "Compression". Since this site is based on creating and sharing our own music over the computer there are a large amount of users who swear by the POD. Are you still using their products, if so what's the latest gear?

Billy: Lots of new stuff. I love the Pod &amp; use it a lot. I've got my SVT rig mic'd up in my studio also. I love Cubase SX and work on it all the time. I just got BFD Drums--awesome program. I should update my studio gear list on my site--a lot has changed. Most all hardware is gone. I'm happy to be here for the digital recording revolution! I find it easy now to go from idea to copleted song in a very short time. No longer a slave to the (tape) machine.

And this in a Musician's Friend interview:

I also am a big fan of the Line 6 Pod stuff and I used a lot of their processors on the guitars and some of it on bass.

Cool!

Yeah he seems to talk about the thing a lot.

I love my pod. I also love using my incredible bass skills, combined with Paul Gilbert's incredible guitar skills, to make bad music. Please David Lee and Steve if you're out there, you guys seriously call me back.

jay4321 said:
I love my pod. I also love using my incredible bass skills, combined with Paul Gilbert's incredible guitar skills, to make bad music. Please David Lee and Steve if you're out there, you guys seriously call me back.

uhh...
original.jpg

Ok, I talked to the seller today, and frankly, I'm pissed with with unprofessional conduct.

I'm not sure if I'll post it publicly or not, but basically, I said I was disappointed with the letter of authenticity and asked for his email address so that I could forward him the email I sent Billy.
He replied back with a totally rude and ridiculous message. (Saying he didn't want to see the email.)  :sad:
I replied back with an explanation of why I was disappointed with the letter, and though his attitude changed, I'm still shocked that he would send me a reply like that for absolutely no reason, because he had no idea what the situation was yet. I'll admit that perhaps my wording was a tad rude when I mentioned my disappointment with the letter, (This was the second time I mentioned it, he didn't reply to my other message.) but that's no excuse for him to send me the reply he did. He should have asked me what the problem was, or allowed me to send him the email first so he would know what I was complaining about.

His reply after I explained the situation was as follows:
I see. Sorry about the mistakes. I was in a rush to fit in the window of time that Billy had. I mocked up the letter while other distracting things were going on. If you want, I will make the corrections and the next time I see him, which may not be for several weeks, I will get him to sign a new letter and I will forward it to you.

Even if he was in a hurry, it's no excuse, because he should have at least caught the spelling error before he packed up the box to ship the POD.
I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that perhaps it was honest human error with the serial number and date, but how could he have missed the spelling error?
He should have done a spell check, but aside from that, it was the very first word of the document, and it was in large font. He should have looked over the document before packing the POD up to ship it.
I can't imagine he was pressed for time then, unless maybe he was rushing to the post office before they closed or something.

I requested that he make up a new letter for Billy to sign, and whenever Billy can sign it will be fine.

It took me almost 5 minutes of looking to see the extra T. I can see how he missed it.

AutoBat said:
It took me almost 5 minutes of looking to see the extra T. I can see how he missed it.

It is easy to miss. And since I don't work a daily 9 to 5 job, I generally don't know the date without checking the computer. Hell, sometimes I'm not sure what day it is <grin>

It's stuff like this that gives you just the slightest taste of what it would be like to be famous.

the date would not bother me.. the serial# probably would.the extra t is just very unprofessional.

Back