OMG! I just won Billy Sheehan's POD!

I honestly wouldn't feel bad about it if I were you. It's obvious that the fact that it belonged to Billy Sheehan is a big deal to you, so even if the price you paid is higher than what a plain ol' POD would have cost, I'd say the sentimental attachment makes it worthwhile. Nice score.  :icon_thumright:

Actually, all things considered, it's a helluva deal. If I remember correctly, when those little buggers first came out they were like $400-$500. You got Billy Sheehan's for $135. Can't beat that with a stick.

Cagey said:
Actually, all things considered, it's a helluva deal. If I remember correctly, when those little buggers first came out they were like $400-$500. You got Billy Sheehan's for $135. Can't beat that with a stick.

Yeah, $154.25 total ($1 of it donated to an eBay charity.) is not all that bad to own something Billy owned and used.

My memory is blanking, but yes, I believe the original PODs sold for $549.99 when they first came out.
They dropped over the years down to as little as $199. (For the 2.0s) 

The 2.0 upgrade kits use to be $50, but I think they were originally $100 when the 2.0s were released, and the price came down as the XTs became popular.

Not only did the XTs get more popular, but Behringer was eating their lunch with the V-amp. You could get those for about $150 when the Pods were still $500. The Pods are certainly nice, but the V-amps were every bit as good and many actually preferred them, so Line 6 had no choice but to drop their drawers. I'm pretty sure they're both Asian-made (China, Korea, Singapore, whatever), so Line 6 was just milking the early adopters for R&D money anyway.

I bid on  Dave Mustaine's bass preamp once. Someone else wanted it just a little bit worse than I did, which is fine. I was just looking for that particular piece of equipment. If I won, I  planned to baptize it in 409 (sprinkling, not immersion)  and take it play at church.  :icon_biggrin:

Wow, I just found this on Billy's website:

Houston, TX : I have heard clips of "Bleed Along the Way" and "Perfect Groove". They sound great. I was wondering what gear you used for the guitar tracks on the songs. Best Regards, Gregory PS. Thanks for hanging out and talking to everyone after the G3 shows in Houston and NYC.

Billy Sheehan: Most of the guitar tracks are done on Line 6 Pod. I'm really amazed at how realistic the amp modeling is with the Line 6 products.

Bleed Along The Way and Perfect Groove are a few of my favorite tracks.

I'm really hoping that he used the kidney bean POD for that album and not his POD Pro.
Oh sweet Jesus, let those awesome guitar tracks be from the kidney bean POD! :blob7:

I missed out on a Nine Inch Nails Mesa cab I really, really wanted not too long ago.

line6man said:
Wow, I just found this on Billy's website:

Houston, TX : I have heard clips of "Bleed Along the Way" and "Perfect Groove". They sound great. I was wondering what gear you used for the guitar tracks on the songs. Best Regards, Gregory PS. Thanks for hanging out and talking to everyone after the G3 shows in Houston and NYC.

Billy Sheehan: Most of the guitar tracks are done on Line 6 Pod. I'm really amazed at how realistic the amp modeling is with the Line 6 products.

Bleed Along The Way and Perfect Groove are a few of my favorite tracks.

I'm really hoping that he used the kidney bean POD for that album and not his POD Pro.
Oh sweet Jesus, let those awesome guitar tracks be from the kidney bean POD! :blob7:

I just got an email back from Billy!

I think it was all done on the same Pod---the one on eBay now. Not the rackmount.
    Billy

:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:
This is totally awesome!

AutoBat said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5omFFeLEXFE
Zaaaaaaa!

Meh, that was painfully 80's.

Try this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAcG0b68eSw

Also, the double neck duet with Paul Gilbert.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_3KmT5YDUI

:headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:

haha i meant the gilbert one. that was really cool... i didn't click on the vai video, but that was awesome too

Yay! My PayPal e-check has cleared with the bank! :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:
Payment for Billy's POD is officially sent!

NonsenseTele said:
If you think this is normal, great... I wouldn't use this fricking pants and wouldn't let anybody play at my back like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv7RfMwF4Vg

Yes, it is quite gay. :sad:

But let's not derail this thread.

Did you just post an entire conversation between you and nando.. and then tell someone else they are derailing the thread?

Luke said:
Did you just post an entire conversation between you and nando.. and then tell someone else they are derailing the thread?

It was just a really funny IM conversation with Nando that I thought I'd post, but I don't want this thread to turn into an argument about whether or not Billy Sheehan and Steve Vai are gay.

Back