number 3

Orpheo

this is my third. She arrived yesterday, and she is ALMOST completed, but hey, here are the pics anyway! enjoy.

DSC09858.jpg

DSC09866.jpg

DSC09867.jpg

DSC09868.jpg

DSC09869.jpg

DSC09861.jpg

DSC09873.jpg

DSC09871.jpg

DSC09874.jpg

DSC09875.jpg

Homecut headstock! sorry, i'm not good at woodworks, but warmoth didnt wanna do the shapes I wanted, so I had to do it myself...
DSC09876.jpg

DSC09877.jpg

DSC09878.jpg

DSC09880.jpg

back: walnut
top: KOA!!!!!! this is in real life a terrific flametop. the pics just dont do it justice :)

neck: ziricote! frick this is slick!
fingerboard: gorgeous, pretty macassar ebony

Wow, very nice wood selection!  (Nice pink socks too, BTW)

Also, iz dat sum telecaster bridge pup in the middle slot???

Gonna wail, for sure...

When this guitar get the third HB, will be THE S#@$!!!!!!!

Stop making me remember that Koa EXIST!!!!!!!!! :sad1:

yeah, that is a tele-singlecoil, and really, it sounds great! didnt expect it, but it gives me very nice sounds. it makes my bridgehumbucker with distortion a bit paf-like, stand alone its like a p90 in the bridge (clean and OD) and with the neck its VERY fat-sounding, great for solo's.

It howls, it screams, it squeels (literally, i have to waxpot the pickups, but with some muting, and standing behind the cab instead of directly in front, i got the 'real' sound) and its just....awesome. the neck is SMOOOTHHH. its like silk. the fretboard is VERY fast, the earvana nut works like a charm, the tuners work great too, and well...it worked out just fine :) it sounds like a 70ies custom, but with a bit more highs than your average les paul (eventhough I tried customs made in 2007 or 2006 that had more highs than this one).

it's got a lot of highs ofcourse, but the low end is very tight, and the midrange is very agressive and punchy. for metal, its great. for classic rock, its GREAT, and for jazz... oh boy oh boy, you wouldnt believe how good this baby can do jazz. a friend of mine wanted this guitar on soms gigs, and he has a gibson L5 (a 1959 version, boom-boom....) and a customshop Wes Montgomery signature. so, you can imagine how versatile this guitar is :)

wanna see my entire collection?

wait, more pics!!

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

all the warmoth-friends together:

IMG_2181.jpg

all the les pauls:

100_0496.jpg

100_0499.jpg

100_0504-1.jpg

100_0504.jpg

all the guitars from the gibson-house:

100_0505.jpg

all the guitars, including fenderstyles

100_0500.jpg

100_0512.jpg

the tele with the fhole has a walnut back, macassar ebony neckback and a normal ebony fingerboard, custom inlay and a flamed maple top
the other tele is a customshop charvel with a piezo and noiseless pickups (with a volume for the piezo and a switch to choose what I want: piezo, magnetic or both)
The explorer is a normal Dean explorer with a Matthias Jabs 'galaxy' style overhaul
The black Vee is a 7 string, now used as a 6 string (epiphone :( but gibson never made a 7 string, as far as I know)
the red is a normal gibson Vee, one of the best I've EVER tested, and I've done a LOT of them
the SG is a normal gibson sg faded special, singlepiece body, and it blew my of my feet! its even better than most customshop sg's.
the black gibson LP custom is the guitar I have for the longest period of time now, and its a '76 custom, with a custom wiring (almost the same as the one I have in the koa LP)
the gold Gibson LP custom is a '74 custom, which survived one of the biggest 'instrumentfires' in the netherlands (many, many instruments died that night)
the red one is a gibson LP studio centennial with ebony fingerboard and custom made binding
the purpleburst is my first warmoth, the quilt is my second (both can be seen, with specs, in the gallery)
the strat is a claim custommade strat (build in germany). its a slipmatched, (a 'used to be' singlepiece, haha) full quilt maple body. the original neck once snapped in 2, so this is now an allparts neck.

well, thats all folks :( Sorry I dont have more... ;)

Holy Shit dude!!!!!!! Nice guitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars!!!

I dig the Sparkle LP hehehehehe (and the Koa... What's Koa? I refuse to see it!!!!)

NonsenseTele said:
Holy shite dude!!!!!!! Nice guitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars!!!

I dig the Sparkle LP hehehehehe (and the Koa... What's Koa? I refuse to see it!!!!)

[rubbing it in mode] the koa is the guitar with the gold pickups in bridge and neck, tele in the middle, with the WALNUT back, ZIRICOTE neck and MACASSAR EBONY board ;)

[/rubbing it in mode]

my next one will be a les paul with black/brown/yellow burst on flamed maple, black korina back with transbrown finish, wenge neck, ebony board, celtic crosses and 3 gold pickups. the one after that will be a LP with cherryburst on flamed maple/black korina, padouk neck, ebony board with celtic crosses and 3 gold humbuckers. I want to have a collection of 'orpheo signature guitars' that is: maple top, korina back, 3 pickups, raw neck and raw board, celtic crosses. I like the crosses.

they will be a tribute to my guitarheroes: jan akkerman (dutch guitargod)(color)+tony iommi(inlay)+page(3 pickup)+les paul (strange wiring, the shape itself), and for the other one; ace frehley (color)+page (color)+townshend (color+pickupconfiguration)+tremonti(inlay. too bad warmoth doesnt do birds, but I think crosses are more classy).

the purpleburst is a tribute to iommi, tremonti, page and just a bit of me, haha. they all are truly, orpheo-guitars (i hope, haha).

Hey, what was the instrument-fire????

(something like the protestant rage when they burn the churches? like that nice one in Dam square)

NonsenseTele said:
Hey, what was the instrument-fire????

(something like the protestant rage when they burn the churches? like that nice one in Dam square)

somewhere during the early 90ies the dutch version of Guitarcenter (or whatever that mega-guitarstore in the usa is called  :eek:ccasion14: ) burned down.the owner then relocated to Amsterdam (the fire was in The Hague) to have another guitarstore, Mr. Guitar. That joint he sold to the employees, but before he left, he took away a lot of nice guitars, for 'his own personal collection'. then relocated to the USA to make the MXG guitars (with patrick eggle) then moved back to the netherlands and made another guitarstore, maxguitars in the hague. the guitars he took from Mr. Guitar were used to get that store running, and now, only 3 years after opening, he has a dealership of PRS, Fender and gibson. He is authorised (as one of few in the Netherlands) to sell customshop gibson and fender customshop, and the ONLY one to sell stuff like the Modern Eagle and the 513. the store runs extremely well, but the owner is a dog. The story goes that he caused the fire in the 90ies, to get out of a lot of problems. the thing is, he sold that store, one day before the fire, and the day after, the store got called bankrupt by the court. It smells fishy, but he was never convicted.

And I have to make one little remark: the new church on the Dam Square was build somewhere during the 1600's, after the protestant rage, and that church was already build without the 'catholic upshmuck', so it was never under protestant rage. others were (like the 'westerkerk', western church, and the Dom in Utrecht) plundered and ravaged, but it was here not as bad as it was in France).

Orpheo said:
I want to have a collection of 'orpheo signature guitars' that is: maple top, korina ack, 3 pickups, raw neck and raw board, celtic crosses. I like the crosses.

+1 to that...  My dream strat is on the way, and the neck will be maple with Satine fingerboard and single pearloid celtic cross on the 12th fret..  and judging by how they look on your guitars, it's gonna be sweeeeeeeeeet!  :kewlpics:

That's a beautifull display of guitars, I like each of them,  I really dig the gold metal flake,

I wonder why more people don't finish a guitar like that?

I too dig the gold metal flake.  :headbang:

That les paul is cool with that single coil in the middle. I don't care of the inlays but the finger board grain is fantastic. :eek:ccasion14:

Orpheo said:
And I have to make one little remark: the new church on the Dam Square was build somewhere during the 1600's, after the protestant rage, and that church was already build without the 'catholic upshmuck', so it was never under protestant rage. others were (like the 'westerkerk', western church, and the Dom in Utrecht) plundered and ravaged, but it was here not as bad as it was in France).

When I get in home, I'll see the name of the church I've gone (I'm confused because I saw something in the church talking about it was catolic... They had a Hero show from Rijksmuseum when I was in Amsterdam)

NonsenseTele said:
Orpheo said:

When I get in home, I'll see the name of the church I've gone (I'm confused because I saw something in the church talking about it was catolic... They had a Hero show from Rijksmuseum when I was in Amsterdam)

no problem, its cool enough you went to amsterdam!

about the gold flake: its a rotten job to paint the gold flake, because the flakes themselves have the tendancy to blow everywhere, exept on the guitar...

Orpheo said:
about the gold flake: its a rotten job to paint the gold flake, because the flakes themselves have the tendancy to blow everywhere, exept on the guitar...

That finish were made by you?
Could you tell us how to do it?  :laughing7:

EDIT: The church was Nieuwe Kerk:
Amsterdamnieuwekerk.jpg

NonsenseTele said:
Orpheo said:

That finish were made by you?
Could you tell us how to do it?  :laughing7:

EDIT: The church was Nieuwe Kerk:
Amsterdamnieuwekerk.jpg

no, I didnt do the flakefinis, sorry :)

about the church: this church wasn't plundered by protestants, the church just burned down, and got rebuild in a protestant way :) (long live wikipedia, too bad its in dutch haha)

Back