New Warmoth Site Bug Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
(On mobile at least) Gecko 6 body builder— neck pickup options are for 6 string pickups only, but bridge pickup options allow for both 4 and 5 string J bass pickups. Also the only bridge rout available for the Gecko 6 is the Hipshot wide 5 string bridge.

bricksnbeatles said:
(On mobile at least) Gecko 6 body builder— neck pickup options are for 6 string pickups only, but bridge pickup options allow for both 4 and 5 string J bass pickups. Also the only bridge rout available for the Gecko 6 is the Hipshot wide 5 string bridge.

Good spot, I think I mentioned the pickup choices in the other thread but on the bridge it is indeed not the 6 string version of the Hipshot and if string thru is chosen the visualiser shows 5 holes rather than 6 which a 6 string bridge would need.

bricksnbeatles said:

Yeesh. That one was all messed up. Options are correct now, visuals will follow.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before and I missed it.

When creating Custom Hybrid Telecaster bodies, once a handedness is selected the demo picture changes to a Strat style body. This also happens vice versa when building a Hybrid Strat (turns to a Tele). 

I noticed on the Hybrid Tele builder the "Body Contours" options are not default set to "Forearm Contour" and "Tummy Cut".  Both buttons are available for selection and neither add cost to the build. 

I'd count the lack of responsiveness/slow loading of pages/bodies/necks/etc... a pretty severe performance bug.
No, it's not my connection(s), computer(s), or browser(s).
That was called out a year ago when beta testing the site and I'm surprised it's still that slow.

7/8 Warhead neck.

A 7/8 neck should have two dots at the 24th fret. When picking standard dots in the builder they are not visible which means it is a bug in the builder.

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=33404.msg463958#msg463958

Telecaster builder

When selecting rear route for a tele with gibson controls, a standard control plate route will show up next to the gibson holes when returning to edit body.

OnceIHadAnIbanez said:
Telecaster builder

When selecting rear route for a tele with gibson controls, a standard control plate route will show up next to the gibson holes when returning to edit body.

Can you provide more details of the steps to replicate this?

lol, if u go to any hardware item page it let s u change the quantity to 0 and then if hit add to cart it will still add 1. not really a Big D (short for large problem) just kinda funny

BroccoliRob said:
lol, if u go to any hardware item page it let s u change the quantity to 0 and then if hit add to cart it will still add 1. not really a Big D (short for large problem) just kinda funny

Perhaps it is for those folks who need to clear the purchase with their partner. honestly I only ordered zero of everything from Warmoth...what do you mean I was charged a trillion exchange tokens?

Try adding 1000 pickguard screws to the cart.  No can do.  Are they really $2.25 a piece? 

OnceIHadAnIbanez said:
Telecaster builder

By "returning to edit body", do you mean after you've saved it to your wish list?  If so, I encountered something similar.  At least for a rear-routed Tele, when loading from your wish list, the picture changes back to Top route (and the control choices are lost).

Edit: In checking on loading a saved Tele from the wish list, I also noticed that it loses two body contour choices - Forearm and Tummy Cut - but strangely remembers the contoured heel choice.  Further, there is no way to update and resave a wish list item.  The heart icon, which saves it the first time, just results in in an empty message box with no saved updates.  Tested on a Windows 10 Laptop using Chrome as the browser.

Short Scale Z Bass

If you choose a Burts finish, it won't show in the builder (either transparent or metallic burst).

I've gotten this error message a few times when trying to access the guitar "hardware" and "neck woods" pages

ak0aajf.png

ragamuffin said:
I've gotten this error message a few times when trying to access the guitar "hardware" and "neck woods" pages

I saw that briefly too.  I believe it was resolved not long after it showed up.

ChronoTrigger77 said:
ragamuffin said:

I saw that briefly too.  I believe it was resolved not long after it showed up.

I was getting it last week, and still was this morning, when trying to access my orders and looking at some hardware.

rick2 said:
Try adding 1000 pickguard screws to the cart.  No can do.  Are they really $2.25 a piece?

We've put small max quantities on nearly everything. Companies raiding other company's inventory has become a thing right now.

I browsed through the last 11 pages, but I am not sure if this has been reported.

While not logged in, I pick something and add it to Wish List.  I am asked to log in in order to put item in Wish List, which I did.  In order to view Wish List I click on the Arrow on the upper right hand corner next to Shopping Cart.  I am asked to log in again even though I just logged in, and if I do I am told I am already logged in.  I am stuck unless I close the browser tab, open another, and go to Warmoth website, then I am already logged in, with the item in Wish List.

Not a big deal, but just kinda odd.

Also the add to wish list login thing - if you refresh the page to try to avoid logging in twice there will be an error thrown similar to that shown above with a trace. https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=33260.msg464388#msg464388

After that if you hit the back arrow of your browser you are shown as logged in and the wish list item is already added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back