New Warmoth Site Bug Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_GuitAar

I know how hard it can be to track bugs, and I don't think the guys have an integrated bug tracking, or ticket submission system.

So I started this thread. Please read the thread to see if your bug had already been posted.

I will edit this post extremely infrequently with bugs, but if the community can find put their findings here that'd be great.

If you find a bug please post:

1) A description of the issue
2) Steps to reproduce the issue if it's not self explanatory. (This will have the devs go line by line in the code to track the bug down faster)

Please do NOT clog up this thread with "Me too" replies (preferably any replies outside of bugs) If you have an issue, and see someone has posted it just give it a like. If you have already posted something, please update your original post with any changes. (Strike through fixed bugs, etc)

Please be patient with the tech team. It's the first week since launch, and that's always tough.

(Edit: Fixed title. Oops.)

Could well be duplicating a list of things from the other 'New Website' thread, but here goes;

Bugs
  • Random name appearing on homepage;
    I get my own name when going into 'My Account' but various random names appearing on all other pages.
  • Random stuff appearing in Wishlist at the side of page;
    Getting random products appearing in a Wishlist at the right-hand side of some pages, which then isn't then when I actually access my Wishlist
  • Paint options missing in lists;
    Playing about with the Strat Body Builder today, when selecting Transparent Paint, Mary Kay White and Butterscotch currently don't come up as options in the drop-down menu, regardless of whatever options I've picked for wood etc.

Annoyances
  • Re-registering;
    Obvious one, but re-registering has meant I've lost all my order history etc within My Account.
  • Unable to see back of Body in Body Builder;
    Not the biggest deal in the world, but I like to see a mockup of the back, just to double check I've no optioned on anything I shouldn't have...
  • Unable to see mockup of hardward installed in Body Builder;
    Used to have the option to add a pickguard and then hardware at the end of the Body Builder config. Seems that's no longer an option, but would be very much welcomed back!

Certain fretboard woods are invisible in the neck builder visualizer— for example, if you build a roasted maple neck with a fretboard of one of these fretboard woods, it will appear as if it’s a one piece roasted maple neck.
The woods I noticed this for so far are:
-ebony (black)
-ebony (macassar)
-bocote

I also noticed that the bass neck builder displays a 21st fret marker on the overhang of a 20 fret neck. (Picture attached below, though it’s the same case with dots or any other inlay style)

Another slight issue I noticed is that every bridge, pickup option, finish option etc shows in the dropdown even when not applicable. For example, when you select ‘candy finish’ it doesn’t just show you the candy colors in the color drop down— it shows all of the finish options, and you have to scroll down to the few that aren’t greyed out. Another example is that when you select ‘hardtail’ bridge, the drop down still forces you to scroll through the full, mostly greyed-out range of bridge options including all of the ‘tremolo’ options

Attachments

• C1E4C9BC-B79B-4048-8158-E91D91F25726.png
    C1E4C9BC-B79B-4048-8158-E91D91F25726.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 193
When posting things such as mentioned above about dropdowns you need to mention on which body type for example you have noticed this. It may not universally be the case across all bodies.

After re-registering with the new site, none of my previous orders as well as a new custom neck order I placed on 6/18 show up in my account.  Have additional orders to place, but hesitant to do so until my other current order display correctly in my account.  I sure hope my neck order placed on 6/18 is still active and in the que...

Mdlash68 said:
After re-registering with the new site, none of my previous orders as well as a new custom neck order I placed on 6/18 show up in my account.  Have additional orders to place, but hesitant to do so until my other current order display correctly in my account.  I sure hope my neck order placed on 6/18 is still active and in the que...

Yep, Aaron explained that our old data would not be transferring over the new site in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8lFAKSYhvk

Rest assured - no data has been lost - that old site still exists and is fully accessible to Warmoth internally.  I'm sure you can contact them to get info about old orders if needed.

Thanks ChronoTrigger77 for the clarification and video link!  I was a bit worried, but this has eased my concern :)

stratamania said:
When posting things such as mentioned above about dropdowns you need to mention on which body type for example you have noticed this. It may not universally be the case across all bodies.

It’s not letting me edit my post to say which body types that was, but the issue I mentioned about the dropdowns was the case with:
-custom Strat
-vintage tele
-mustang
-Jaguar
-S/S doubleneck
-thinline tele
-velocity
-p bass
-gecko 6
-bass/s doubleneck
-split jazzmaster
-7 string
-72 p bass

The fact that this was the case across so many body styles (every one I played with in the builder) leads me to believe that it’s the case across the board

I should have said also if you notice something related to necks, post which neck and the step in the builder the problem is spotted. It really does require specifics.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but I am not able to see any 'unique choice' laminate tops or fretboards. It just gives me an error saying there are none available. It happened on all of the models of body and neck I've tried.

Good luck to the poor developers - the first few days after a new site meets the public is always bound to be busy!

SeaGroomer said:
I mentioned it in the other thread, but I am not able to see any 'unique choice' laminate tops or fretboards. It just gives me an error saying there are none available. It happened on all of the models of body and neck I've tried.

Good luck to the poor developers - the first few days after a new site meets the public is always bound to be busy!

This is almost certainly because they haven't yet uploaded the unique choice data.  Some of the showcase items that were in stock on the old site are now reappearing on the new site, so I suspect it won't be long until unique choice items reappear as well.

ChronoTrigger77 said:
SeaGroomer said:

This is almost certainly because they haven't yet uploaded the unique choice data.  Some of the showcase items that were in stock on the old site are now reappearing on the new site, so I suspect it won't be long until unique choice items reappear as well.

That is not a bug but what would show up if there were no Unique choices available.

Under "Body Contours" for models that always have the forearm contour and tummy cut (for example strat and soloist), it appears that you can "uncheck" these options, giving the misleading perception that you can remove them.  Of course, if you try to uncheck them, they automatically "recheck" so I wouldn't call it a bug per se.  That said, it would make more sense to have them disabled (grayed out) and checked so as not to imply they can be changed.

Just started playing on the new site and stumbled across a bug.  It is on the Musiclander body page (I didn't look at other bodies). 

If I select any Lam Top Wood below the Zebrawood option (Canary, Pau Ferro, etc.) there is no "Warmoth can choose for me" option so there is no way to continue with the build process as the next drop down (Right / Left Handed) doesn't become active.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 139
Not a "bug" but in shopping the showcase for guitar bodies it would have been really a help to be able to hover over the picture and see text telling you the wood type. For unfinished bodies you can kinda guess between swamp ash and alder or black korina pretty accurately but for finished bodies this would be so nice. I assume you can filter for type of wood in the drop down menus but if you are open to more than one wood option it would be great if you didn't have to go through the extra gymnastics to find out what body wood something is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back