New Warmoth Site Bug Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with the new site probably came with a new app server.  There may be limitations to it.  Or the dB is configured in a way that’s not optimal for it.

Remember that dB may easily support more than 1 app server and/or platform.  Just not only the app server serving up content for the web page.
Some more critical app/platform may require the dB to be indexed in a certain manner.

I remember the day when there was a magazine, and you tore off a page and there was limited selection, and you mailed it in.  There was none of this instantaneous stuff, and not much going back and forth, do I like this, do I like that, how much does that weigh, what color is that  ... anyway, trying to think of a database search solution is hard.  I wish the database folks good luck, they'll figure it out, and honestly, while it sucks for us, it's not the end of the world, no one if going to starve, no one is going homeless, the sky won't fall.

Ha ha. I understand that you folks love Warmoth. I love Warmoth also. I love the products I have purchased from them and how I now own guitars that hsve custom features that I like and make playing easier. But that doesn't mean we have to make excuses for obviously terrible business decisions.

I enjoyed the back in my day I had to walk five miles to school before the wheel was invented stories. But be real. You can love Warmoth and still criticize the fact that they installed a terrible software platform that they should have torn out 10 days after they installed it if it couldn't be fixed. That the software platform they installed can't be the only company in the world that makes a platform that will give us the features that we need without the incredible torture that we have been undergoing for a year. As business people we recognize how this platform has probably cost Warmoth a lot of business and increased their overhead because people are calling in and using customer service reps where in the past with the software that work properly they wouldn't need that kind of attention. I'm sure there are statistics approve how much product is sold per customer visit to the website and how the number of customer visits to the website have probably dropped substantially meaning that they sell less to people like me who Iare impulse buyers from the Showcase just because they see something they like and had no intention of actually making a purchase before they logged in. So we can love Warmoth and the products they sell and still believe that they've made a terrible decision. The rule of thumb when it comes to website platforms is that upper management should force themselves to go on their own website once a week for an hour an experience what their customers experience and if they did that not only would they be running their companies better but they wouldn't leave problems like this to fester for over a year. And of course the issue of the slow website isn't the only issue that's not been addressed. There are many issues that are causing problems and it shouldn't take customers like us on a community Forum to find them and bring them to their attention. So you can still love Warmoth and recognize that management has dropped the ball.

And yes I recognize that because of the pandemic they had more business than they ever had before. That was a fluke and actually did them a disservice because without the additional business from the pandemic they probably would have seen business dropping off and address the problems but now they don't see the problem and probably won't address it and once the pandemic overflow is finished their business will drop and they'll have no idea why. When you're in business you have to be honest with yourself and recognize a poor business decision and address it immediately or eventually it will cause you terrible problems and maybe even your business.

Hey folks, I'm going to lock this thread. It's outlived its usefulness.

FYI, we know the website is slow, and we are taking steps to fix it. This will take time, and we ask for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back