New tools

hannaugh

Master Member
My father in-law just gave us a Porter-Cable router.  Yesterday we bought a couple of bits for it.  We were practically skipping into Home Depot to shop for them, we were so happy.  Today we get to put them to good use on our electric uke project.  Yay new tools!

New tools kick ass!  My recent purchase was a 7 drawer chest...I needed a place for here said tools.  I can't wait for this uke project...

Sounds awesome.  Is it one of those big rolling metal ones?  My father in law has one of those. 

I might post some uke pics soon.  We're gonna work on them tomorrow morning (we're actually building two at the same time).

It's a rolly one, but not a huge Snap-On beach box or anything...but it's nice being able to find my torque wrench in a cabinet instead of "well...I usually keep it on that old oil bucket..."

With the uke, what kind of pickups do you use with that?  I'm way too interested in this...

It's going to be a nylon string uke, so I'm going to use a piezo under the saddle.  I'm using instructions on how to build it from this guy, who has built a whole lot of solid body ukes: http://petehowlettukulele.co.uk/  He has a youtube channel with instructions on how to make one.  He makes the pickups that he uses in his ukes.  I emailed him about getting one from him, and he said he would sell me a couple for a pretty good price. 

Back