PCW Tele

PhilHill said:
DangerousR6 said:
Very cool indeed....Some people call it a "Tone Bar".... :dontknow:
50944077571_1396034372_b.jpg

Nice, I take it that those are two more of your creations. I seen discussions on the pro and con of the effect such things have on tone. But then I've also seen discussions on the effect that strap pins have on tone...............I think most of the "tone"  comes from the player just as much as the instrument or it's constituent parts, but that's just me........... :icon_thumright:
I made them for Cagey, he was doing some work on a tele I believe and wanted a template to cut for both. So I made the template and the two brass inserts...But yes, I do believe the biggest part o tone comes from the fingers and the sole...

Well, except for strings and a final setup, she's ready to go. Decided to call it Paddy O'Tele..........
(Again, the pics are lousy but until I can get a better camera, well you know........)

xwS4Jc.jpg

Ex5BaD.jpg

os2vRJ.jpg

2jdoSP.jpg

IIaCpa.jpg

xH6IOh.jpg

PlRzHu.jpg

.Open pore Satin lacquer just thick enough to seal it. Put a Duncan Jazz Humbucker in the nec and a Duncan Quarter Pounder in the bridge. Pretty much straight Tele wiring other than the 3 way switch. We'll see what she sounds like once I can get it setup................ :headbang:

Mayfly said:
I really like that thing!

Glad to hear it. I'm almost scared to plug it in, lest I should find out that it sounds like a WalMart special........... :eek:

DangerousR6 said:

Don't clap too much yet, like I said it still has to be set up...................Meet me back here in 6 months................. :laughing11: :laughing11:

I got a bad case of gear envy :glasses10:that is a beautiful build. No way it sounds like a Wally-world special :headbang:

Back