Neck - Side adjust ?

rauchman

Greetings,

Is there a pic/diagram (more of a blue print) anywhere of the side adjust in relation to the screw holes for the neck.  Ultimately, looking to see what room there is to play with for drilling a relocated bolt hole for a modified/ contoured neck heel (not the Warmoth contoured neck heel).

There is this pic if you have not already seen it:

sideadjust_3.jpg

and some more:
gotoh-discontinued-side-adjusting-trussrod-p2709-14162_image.jpg

gotoh-discontinued-side-adjusting-trussrod-p2709-14160_image.jpg

That second pic must be from another source other than Warmoth. They SAM doesn't sit at an angle in Warmoth necks like that. Not sure it will matter for what you're trying to do, but figured I would throw it out there.

The Aaron said:
That second pic must be from another source other than Warmoth. They SAM doesn't sit at an angle in Warmoth necks like that. Not sure it will matter for what you're trying to do, but figured I would throw it out there.

Thanks.  Trying to see what I can / can't do for a contoured neck heel using the side adjust.  Aaron, would you know if the measurements in the first pic are accurate?

If it helps the side adjust is located approximately midway between the 16th and 17th frets on a 25.5" scale neck.

The measurements in the diagram are the same as other sources of information about the side adjuster so one can reasonably assume them to be accurate as I believe as the same diagram is on a number of sites it has originated from Gotoh themselves.

stratamania said:
If it helps the side adjust is located approximately midway between the 16th and 17th frets on a 25.5" scale neck.

The measurements in the diagram are the same as other sources of information about the side adjuster so one can reasonably assume them to be accurate as I believe as the same diagram is on a number of sites it has originated from Gotoh themselves.

Very much appreciated......thank you!  Would you know.... is the side adjust basically centered between the bolt holes?

Here is a vid that Aaron posted a few years back regarding the side adjust mechanism.  If you go to the 4 minute mark (approximately), it shows a cutaway of the fretboard that exposes the side adjust mechanism as you would see it looking from the top of the fretboard down.  That might help you to get an idea if where it's placed, etc..

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKVWr8FRJNc[/youtube]

Thanks War_in_D.....I was just getting ready to post that.

I'm not able to publish dimensions and such, but the SAM is centered.

The Aaron said:
Thanks War_in_D.....I was just getting ready to post that.

I'm not able to publish dimensions and such, but the SAM is centered.

Thanks all.  I think I can make this work with some flavor of contoured heel where that corner on the neck heel on the body gets shaved back a bit.

Very much appreciated!

Back