"Neck did not pass QC"

tfarny said:
W sent me an email that the conversion neck I ordered didn't pass QC and they're making a new one from scratch. Asks me to please wait another 5-6 weeks!

Thoughts (in order)

1) nice they didn't send me the junked one
2) waiting sucks!@#$
3) appreciate the note
4). F^&*$k!@!!  F^&*$k!@!!   F^&*$k!@!!

It may not help any, but be assured there are a few people in the shop and office thinking #4.  That's a pretty fancy neck to rebuild.

DocNrock said:
Sorry dude, no pix today.  After rebuilding the computer, I still have to install the drivers for the digital camera.

Why is it that this never happens to me?  oh ya, I use a Mac  :icon_jokercolor:

chuck7 said:
DocNrock said:
Sorry dude, no pix today.  After rebuilding the computer, I still have to install the drivers for the digital camera.

Funny, it never happens to me either...  On any of my 5 Windows XP/Vista machines. :icon_jokercolor:
You probably don't need any digital camera drivers.  All of the cameras I've used work on XP and Vista without any drivers.

JBD

ognolman said:
chuck7 said:
DocNrock said:

Funny, it never happens to me either...  On any of my 5 Windows XP/Vista machines. :icon_jokercolor:
You probably don't need any digital camera drivers.  All of the cameras I've used work on XP and Vista without any drivers.

JBD

You're right!  I figured that out when I couldn't find the driver disk.  Plug 'n Play works (most of the time).  :icon_biggrin:

I love it how Mac fans always compare their new $3000 machines to a windows '95 133 mhz dinosaur...

I always thought Mac were kind of for the libruls, to do all their artsy type stuff - and propaganda ;)

hehehe well ya know Mac = Apple = dirty hippies
PC = IBM = corporate america, the nazi's etc...  :toothy12:

GoDrex said:
hehehe well ya know Mac = Apple = dirty hippies
PC = IBM = corporate america, the nazi's etc...  :toothy12:

So, if I get you straight, it is 6 of one and half-dozen of the other?

A professor I know, rabid mac fan, was giving a presentation at an academic conference in front of about 200 people, using his mac and a projector.....when it caught fire. Keyboard melted inward and fused together. No joke, I was there. He's still a rabid mac fan!
Prediction: within the next three posts, a mac fan will try rationalize this away, or blame it on a pc that was in the room at the time.  :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor:
I wish Gibson v. Fender were as colorful and fun of a brand war as mac/pc!

tfarny said:
A professor I know, rabid mac fan, was giving a presentation at an academic conference in front of about 200 people, using his mac and a projector.....when it caught fire. Keyboard melted inward and fused together. No joke, I was there. He's still a rabid mac fan!
Prediction: within the next three posts, a mac fan will try rationalize this away, or blame it on a pc that was in the room at the time.  :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor:
I wish Gibson v. Fender were as colorful and fun of a brand war as mac/pc!

Incoming!!!!  :laughing11:

I've known a lot of serious Mac fans.  Some of them are great people, but several are just obnoxious asses that use their opinions on computer brands as an excuse to rip on other people.  They use other lame excuses to rip on others as well, but the Mac vs. PC thing seems to be a favorite.

JBD

Ok, check it out, they made a second neck, which passed QC, but it they made it of maple, not rosewood as ordered. This is like three months I've been waiting now for an unfinished neck, and my guess is they'll just have to start over unless there's something amazing in the showcase. Pretty frustrating!!!!!!!
Put in perspective, this is my sixth warmoth order by now and there haven't been any mistakes on anything else. Still I'm P-d off this time. Not shipping me a faulty neck is good, even if I have to wait longer, but this is just a plain old error in reading the order.

Well, this makes me imagine even more in what I have said on Jack's thread: should be a problem of too many orders to few brains to read it... In the last 3 months we had more complains than we had since this board come to life...  :dontknow: And was like simple problems, not something about bad qualified workers... :sad:

tfarny said:
Ok, check it out, they made a second neck, which passed QC, but it they made it of maple, not rosewood as ordered. This is like three months I've been waiting now for an unfinished neck, and my guess is they'll just have to start over unless there's something amazing in the showcase. Pretty frustrating!!!!!!!
Put in perspective, this is my sixth warmoth order by now and there haven't been any mistakes on anything else. Still I'm P-d off this time. Not shipping me a faulty neck is good, even if I have to wait longer, but this is just a plain old error in reading the order.

OOH Mistaking Rosewood for Maple is bound to cost someone their job, or at least a severe kick in the butt. :sad:

When I first read the thread I was pleased that W had actually owned up to the QC issue. Most businesses would have just turned around and tried to produce the 2nd neck before you got fed up waiting and followed them up.

Look at it this way, tfarny, at least you aren't paying for this extra labour and materials. Keep your eye on the goal - a  good neck with plenty of features. Look forward to the pix when it does arrive, hopefully sometime soon. (I'd imagine they'd now jump the cue for you on this 3rd attempt to try and salvage some face.)

tfarny said:

Wow, that's a huge bummer.  I still think W needs to make it right with more than just making you wait weeks and weeks for what you've long since paid for.  It will be interesting to see how they square this one up.  I'm sure they are aware that some very loyal customers are watching this to see how it plays out.

JBD

Well they got back to me with a decent discount (free paint) to take the maple one, and it actually looks really great, just doesn't fit with the image I've got in my head - even if it sounded great I would still be wanting rosewood. So I'm going to just have them start over from scratch. They said that the whole thing is a batch process, so there's no way to 'rush one out', which does make sense. Here's the maple neck and the body it would have gone on:

And here's the body (currently in "Paulocaster" form, in a moving truck somewhere in Louisiana on its way to NYC)

They should have given you the pick of any neck in the showcase at a noticeable discount. My two cents.

Back