My first completed VIP

lafromla1

Here are some pics of my first completed VIP.  I can't believe how incredible it looks and sounds.  I even took it to GC to fit it to a case and all the GC geeks were drooling over it.  Can't wait for 2010 when I can build another.....

Mahogany on Mahogany, chambered, white korina neck with brazilian rosewood fretboard and ebony peghead.  Stainless steel frets, Burstbucker pro's and wilkinson trem.

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0275.jpg

DSC_0277.jpg

wiring.jpg

I remember the body from the showcase, you did a great work :icon_thumright:

Congrats, it looks simple and beautiful.

Super classy. I love that body shape. Personally I would have left the headstock as white korina, without the veneer / paint... but whatever this is a great build.

Wow, that blows away a lot of the flashier strats we've seen recently. Congrats on that one. Why wait until 2010 though?

tfarny said:
Wow, that blows away a lot of the flashier strats we've seen recently. Congrats on that one. Why wait until 2010 though?

Thanks for all the nice compliments.....Why the wait?  'Cause the wife said so.  :toothy12: She said no more guitars until all the major bills are cleared and in 2010, I'm paying off both cars and my boat as well as all my evils (i.e. credit cards), at least that's our plan.  But this will give me time to spec out a new one.  :guitarplayer2:

Looks like you were going after your own model of a PRS  :laughing11:

Looks great, man. Not overdone at all.

I love the PRS body, but didn't care too much for the rest of it, so yeah, I made my own PRS.  Even put the Clapton-V  and Warmoth radius neck on this one 'cause I don't care much for their necks (except the inlays of course).  Didn't want this one overloaded with exotic stuff, just a plain old fashioned blues-rock guitar.

The more and more I look at them, I'm starting to really like Mahogany bodies with transparent colors on them.  Excellent VIP!

Beautiful guitar! And also it doubles as a left-hander when you turn it around? Super versatile!

Back