Submission: 2-tone swamp ash VIP

It's a good feeling when you find the perfect pickup for your guitar!
What are the mids like on the AT-1? Prominent/scooped, upper mid focus/lower mid focus? I've been curious about trying one in the bridge of my Albert Lee style build which is also a wenge neck 25.5 scale and a lot of trebble/upper mids. I've tried a few pickups in it but never been quite happy with the bridge position. Currently it has a Duncan Custom 5 which has been the best for it so far, but is still a little bright/harsh
Well, compared to the PAF 36th bridge, it has less treble and maybe a bit less upper mids. The meat is mainly in the lower mids to my ears, but the upper mids are still there. The low end is very present too, and it was lacking on the PAF.

It still has that Alnico 5 singing quality that I love. Palm mutes are now convincing, compared to the DP223. It feels more compressed than the PAF, but in a musical way.

In the past I had quite a few Dimarzio pickups in various guitars: Titan, D-Activator, Evo2 bridge, Liquifire and Bluesbucker. The AT-1 is my favorite of them all. It's like I found the pickup which suits my playing style at last.

What are the mids like on the AT-1? Prominent/scooped, upper mid focus/lower mid focus? I've been curious about trying one in the bridge of my Albert Lee style build which is also a wenge neck 25.5 scale and a lot of trebble/upper mids. I've tried a few pickups in it but never been quite happy with the bridge position. Currently it has a Duncan Custom 5 which has been the best for it so far, but is still a little bright/harsh
Try swapping an A2 mag before a whole new pickup. It’ll soften and warm it up.

The AT-1 is a "better JB" basically turns down the upper mids of a JB to help it be smoother but not so much that its "dark"

Back