Moving to Germany soon

riverbluff

Well, after being stationed in the US for 14 years, we finally have an assignment back to Europe!  We'll be packing up the family (oh and the wife and kids) and moving to Germany this summer.  Really glad Warmoth ships to APO addresses!  They do don't they....

Been trying to get back to Europe for ages.  Get the boys on a good german soccer club.

v/r
Bill

Nope, not gernam.  US citizen, but lived in England for 7 years.  My Wife is English and we (wife and kids) love Europe.

where in Germany are you moving to?
have you bought all your family members a pair of lederhosen???

Lived there when I was a kid and my Dad was in the Air Force back in '63-'67, probably wouldn't recognize the place now. Was in the Army and stationed around Stuttgart in the late 70's and got and stayed a few years. Was last there in Munchen in '99/2000, was supposed to get a job there, but got screwed when the EU changed rules on work permits.

UPS cannot deliver to APO/FPO addresses as far as I know; you can have it shipped via USPS per the link on the page below, but if I were doing it I would pay the extra to get the UPS Express Air Int'l shipping. If it goes to an address on base/post there is a piece of paperwork to fill out so that any VAT taxes/customs duties get waived as long as you are in the military.

http://www.warmoth.com/Ordering/InternationalShipping.aspx?c=Germany

Rammstein is not too far from Frankfurt. If you visit there, you'll want to visit "Zum Lahmen Esel". The story is, a traveler arrives at the inn, stays for the night, finds it very agreeable, so the next day when he's ready to move on, he discovers his mule's gone lame. Obviously he can't travel with a lame mule, so he stays for another day. The next day, however, his mule's no better, so he stays again. In the end, he never moves on. Is that because of his lame mule, or because the hospitality was so good?

Isn't Rammstein the name of a German metal band? :headbang: :guitarplayer2: :dontknow:

Good luck with the move.

Back