Leaving Germany and moving to Tucson Az

riverbluff

Well, after 4 fabulous years in Germany it is time to pack up and head to Tucson Az.  I can not say enough great things about Germany.  The culture, the beer, the wine, the food, the people, the location, and did I mention the food and beer...  From the time I entered the Air Force back in 85 I have been wanting to get stationed in Germany and I can honestly say I was not disappointed once I got here.

Now it is time to take one last assignment to Tucson, which was actually my first assignment when I first joined the AF.  Just looking forward to retirement in 14 months.

The AZ is nice, I lived there from '71 to '80. I lived in Casa Grande and Maricopa, 'bout 60 miles south of Phoenix.. :icon_thumright:

My condolences.  Trust me, you don't want to come back to the US, unless you have family here.  I was fortunate to spend 3 months there last summer.  If I didn't have all of my family in Minnesota, I would have stayed.

The only thing I didn't like was everything closed on Sunday.

Good to hear!! Been thinking in going live in Germany for a while, but it is a long-term plan...
Congrats on the retirement!!

Back