Headed to Germany soon!

riverbluff

Well, I had hoped to have an East Coast (North Carolina area) Warmoth guitar bash this summer, but the Air Force has changed my plans a bit.  I will be heading to Germany in July.  Looking forward to getting back to Europe.  Should be some great motorcycle riding.  I am already mapping out all the HD dealers in Europe and plan on riding to all of them.

How many Wamaholics are in Europe?

V/R
Bill

riverbluff said:
Well, I had hoped to have an East Coast (North Carolina area) Warmoth guitar bash this summer, but the Air Force has changed my plans a bit.  I will be heading to Germany in July.  Looking forward to getting back to Europe.  Should be some great motorcycle riding.  I am already mapping out all the HD dealers in Europe and plan on riding to all of them.

V/R
Bill
Have fun, and may I suggest finding a spotbike for carving up those twisties they have over there. Much more fun than a (I'm gonna break down on you more times than you can shake a stick at) aaaaahhhhh I mean H-D...

There's plentyof Warmies over there, Fernando, jimh, Kostas, Rene.....ummmm just to name a few of the top of my head... :dontknow: Rene would probably be the closest.... :dontknow:

Would depend where in Germany you would be located. I'm about four hours drive away from Frankfurt, if you respect all speed limits and do something like 180km/h on the remaining bits of Autobahn that don't have a speed limit...

DangerousR6 said:
riverbluff said:

V/R
Bill
Have fun, and may I suggest finding a spotbike for carving up those twisties they have over there. Much more fun than a (I'm gonna break down on you more times than you can shake a stick at) aaaaahhhhh I mean H-D...

There's plentyof Warmies over there, Fernando, jimh, Kostas, Rene.....ummmm just to name a few of the top of my head... :dontknow: Rene would probably be the closest.... :dontknow:

Me too, though no Warmoths yet... :(

ByteFrenzy said:
something like 180km/h on the remaining bits of Autobahn that don't have a speed limit...

Something like FUN :laughing7:
There's plenty of Warmies over there, Fernando,
[/quote]
I'm not in Europe (yet), I'm in Brazil :)

And try a Triumph on Europe, seems they're nicier than Harley Davidsons

NonsenseTele said:
And try a Triumph on Europe, seems they're nicier than Harley Davidsons

+1 on the Triumph.  I'd suggest a street triple.  Small, light, not overly encumbered with CCs, and fast.

Viel spass in Deutschland.

I rode my HD over there several years back, including attending European Bike Week 1999 in Faaker See, Austria. needless to say Austria is an AWESOME place to ride. We rode through several tunnels in the alps, one of them was 6.4 KM long. . . right through a mountain. Very cool.

Have fun. Germany is beautiful.

Where about in Germany will you be? (I'm guessing rammstein??)
I get out there with work occasionally. Mainly Hohne, Herford ,paderborn and rheindahlen.

If you're passing through the uk (London area) be sure to give me a shout, I'll take you for a beer.

jimh said:
Where about in Germany will you be? (I'm guessing rammstein??)
I get out there with work occasionally. Mainly Hohne, Herford ,paderborn and rheindahlen.

If you're passing through the uk (London area) be sure to give me a shout, I'll take you for a beer.

I'll be at Ramstein. 

I'll deffiently take you up on the offer for a beer.  I am sure we will make a couple trips a year to the UK.  My wife is from Bury St Edmunds.

riverbluff said:
My wife is from Bury St Edmunds.

Oh cool.  Friend of mine got married there last year,  there might just be some pictures of me a little bit tipsy in 'The Grapes' pub.  :confused4:

See you soon  :icon_biggrin:

jimh said:
riverbluff said:
My wife is from Bury St Edmunds.

Oh cool.  Friend of mine got married there last year,  there might just be some pictures of me a little bit tipsy in 'The Grapes' pub.  :confused4:

See you soon  :icon_biggrin:

The Grapes used to be one of our favorite pubs.  Lots of live music there.

Yep.. There was a heavy metal band playing  :guitarplayer2:.  It was a good relaxer ready for the wedding the following day.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Remember to eat plenty or schniztengruber ( Pick That Movie!)

forget the schnitzels,  eat a Schweinhaxe.. sooo good - unfortunately I can only eat it about once a year :(

for a good fastfood snack, get a currywurst! soo good. with crinklefries and mayonaise!

Markoooooo said:

forget the schnitzels,  eat a Schweinhaxe.. sooo good - unfortunately I can only eat it about once a year :(

for a good fastfood snack, get a currywurst! soo good. with crinklefries and mayonaise!

We eat Schwnhaxe here too :D portuguese name is Joelho de Porco ^^

NonsenseTele said:
Markoooooo said:

We eat Schwnhaxe here too :D portuguese name is Joelho de Porco ^^

I love it.. that stuff is delicious!

Back