Mooncaster SSB

I thought they looked like Hipshot saddles, but when I looked at their web site, it looked like it used a stop bar, I just rechecked and saw that through-the-body is also an option. Nice bridge!
Mayfly said:
I'm wondering if it's actually the index hole.
That was my second thought.

That ferrule installation is so simple and effective. My vote is for the index hole, too.

Almost forgot to post wiring.  Ran into a little snag with getting the pots closest to the edge of the body to go in.  Had to take out a couple chunks of wood.

What's that green thing, you ask?  That's my grounding system.

Every pot is completely modular with barrel connectors.  Those two white wires with connectors are for the pickups when I get them.  The ground wire for the pickups will go into the bus.

zEYh3hh.jpg

AnM6mzO.jpg

lhNgX7o.jpg

vaE5k7P.jpg

BigSteve22 said:
Nice wiring! What are your plans for keeping the wires away from the f-holes?
You're supposed to keep the wires away from the f-holes?  What, just so they aren't visible?  Dealing with f-holes is another first for me.

Well, yeah. You don't do a fantastic wiring job like that then have the wires hanging out like clown pubes.

Well, i may need to lengthen a couple wires...  For the most part it's already clear.  Thanks for the nudge.

(Clown pubes?)

Hehe! Yeah, you know. Brightly colored thick curly hairs coming out at waist level - what else could they be?  :laughing7:

You can use something like this to route the cables out of sight of the F-hole.

https://www.amazon.com/MHtech-Pieces-Self-Adhesive-Adjustable-Management/dp/B06ZY4ZFVH/ref=pd_day0_23_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2X0ZPVDCG787A33WFGZ4

51Z-nj0IzkL._SL1200_.jpg

I like to use flat cable mounts like this...
MFG_CFCCS-8-01A_sml.jpg

...but I don't know where I got them. I looked them up and found that one at Digikey, but I'm sure I wouldn't have paid what they're asking for the things.

They're handy, though. They'll hold several small wires without permanently capturing them like a cable tie + mount will, so you can get the wire(s) back out without cutting anything.

61obRQ0pWOL._SL1500_.jpg

I've had good success with these. They work great with those little tie-wraps if you trim the ends off after pulling them tight.

Rgand said:
61obRQ0pWOL._SL1500_.jpg

I've had good success with these. They work great with those little tie-wraps if you trim the ends off after pulling them tight.
That's my old standby too. But I'm lik'n those clips that ghotiphry came up with. For internal guitar wiring, I've been using waxed dental tape and surgeons knots. Sorta "old school", but it works and you just use the routing of the wires to provide the pattern. I think ghotiphry's clips would work wonderfully to hold the little harness in place.  :icon_thumright:

BigSteve22 said:
For internal guitar wiring, I've been using waxed dental tape and surgeons knots. Sorta "old school", but it works and you just use the routing of the wires to provide the pattern. I think ghotiphry's clips would work wonderfully to hold the little harness in place.  :icon_thumright:
That's a clean way to do it. It always looks good.

Back