Mooncaster SSB

Yeah, me too.  Right now I've got other pressing financial matters, so I have very little beyond the neck, body, and a few odds and ends.  I know that's the bulk of it, but I really can't stretch any further right now.  So, these are going into storage for a while.  It may be a few months.  Maybe I'll have it done in time to give it to myself as a Christmas present.

Sometimes it becomes necessary to destroy the budget in order to save it.

What do you think I am, the government?

835776.gif

That's considerably more involved than my expected "1. Cut out felt heart, 2. Use felt heart as bookmark".

As the impending master of stalled builds (start dates of 2006 and 2009), I understand.  My last goal was end of 2016.  Right now end of 2017 is more than hopeful. End of 2018 is the new date. 

I don't know. I've got several in limbo that have been waiting for some love for between 2 to 7 years now, along with some loose bodies/necks that I haven't even started on.

I haven't had any of those things happen to me lately. Must be because I'm a scatterbrain with memory span of a goldfish. That reminds me... where's my Ritalin? I thought I packed that with the uh, other stuff that uh... oh, look! Something shiny!  :laughing7:

Cagey said:
I haven't had any of those things happen to me lately. Must be because I'm a scatterbrain with memory span of a goldfish. That reminds me... where's my Ritalin? I thought I packed that with the uh, other stuff that uh... oh, look! Something shiny!  :laughing7:
Squirrel!

No, squirrels are skittish, not scatterbrained. They know what needs doing, and get it done. I used to feed the little rascals a couple of residences back, and they were pretty single-minded. Give 'em a peanut, and in the morning they'd eat it. For most of the rest of the day, they stash 'em as fast as you'll give 'em to 'em, with occasional time-outs to fight, have another snack, or bitch at the neighbor's dog  :laughing7:

Cagey said:
No, squirrels are skittish, not scatterbrained. They know what needs doing, and get it done. I used to feed the little rascals a couple of residences back, and they were pretty single-minded. Give 'em a peanut, and in the morning they'd eat it. For most of the rest of the day, they stash 'em as fast as you'll give 'em to 'em, with occasional time-outs to fight, have another snack, or bitch at the neighbor's dog  :laughing7:

I think you missed the point, Kevin.

tenor.gif

Hey you guys.  I need some assistance on the wiring plan for this bass.  Here's what I got so far.  The initial diagram is from TV Jones, but modified, as I think the original was for a guitar, not a bass.

I'm planning on a master volume, master tone, and separate volume controls for the individual pickups.

qd1FINy.jpg

Here's my questions.

1.  I'm none too familiar with the TV Jones offerings.  I know that the 250k pots should be for a bit darker sound, and the 500k pots would be brighter.  I'm assuming that, since we're talking bass, I should favor 250k, even though we're not talking a "standard" bass pickup.  I'm planning on the Thunder'Tron pickups, which they bill as like/derived from "mini humbucker bass pickups."  That almost sounds like the 500K would be a better choice all-around.  Can anyone shed any light on my confusion?

2.  I think I would prefer to use the Emerson pro CTS pots.  And I think I would prefer to use the long shaft pots over whittling down the inside of the body for the short shaft pots.  So, that leaves me with 500k linear and/or 250k audio tapers.  I think I'm going to use the 500k linear pots for the volume controls and the 250k audio pot for the master tone.  Is this the best way to do this? 

3.  I think if the tone is too bright because of the 500k pots, I can add a 250k resistor over the hot circuit on the volume controls to "simulate" a 250k pot.

4.  With #3 in mind, I'm going to try out the treble bleed/bypass mod, which wires a .001uF capacitor and 150K resistor in parallel.  I think I would need to do that for all three volume controls.  Do you know if that's correct?

Back