Mooncaster SSB

Without any intent to hijack this thread, ghotiphry, do you make those mock-ups yourself?  If so, what do you use, and where do the images come from?

That last design is dynamic and active. Frikkin' outstanding.  :icon_thumright:

Happy to share, Sovereign.  I use paint.net to do the work, which is free software you can get here https://www.getpaint.net/.  I made the base image myself.  Here it is with just the plate outline and holes.  You should be able to copy and paste it into paint.net.  After the base image, everything is a layer, on another layer, etc.  Or by putting layers behind it, like the blue color.  Saving in it's format of .pdn saves all the layers.  When it's all done, I just save as a .jpg file and flatten the whole mess.

Most of the images come from web sites.  Simple as that.  Like the eclipse I found on Pinterest.

c5d3cd0bad35f7732a37da170126c197.jpg

xj4A4IXh.jpg

ghotiphry said:
I had to adjust things a bit for contrast.  But man, brilliant.  A little bit of realism, a little bit of the surreal, a little bit of impressionism.  I hope I didn't completely screw it up.

rf1l6hGl.jpg

Ya....fun collaboration! I like it!

Got CAD drawings for the neck plate.  We had to go back and forth a little, with a few modifications.  (Posted originally to White '54 Precision build thread.  I'm so confused.)

03iQWvN.png

WbbNhfm.png

Does anyone have any idea what case would fit the finished SSB Mooncaster?  :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Re-Pete said:
Does anyone have any idea what case would fit the finished SSB Mooncaster?  :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

No idea... I'll probably wrap it in a gig bag and head over to Guitar Center and see what fits.

Oh, I completely forgot why I came in here!  Shipping notification!  The body should be here on Monday.  Pics when I get it.

ghotiphry said:
Oh, I completely forgot why I came in here!  Shipping notification!  The body should be here on Monday.  Pics when I get it.
Good news indeed! Baby's on the way.......  :headbang:

Yeah, she sure is pretty! Seems like a lotta holes, though. You sure you know what to do with all those?

Funny thing you should mention that.  I've not done ferrules before.  And all the neck screws I have are the longer lengths, not for a contoured heel.  Well... I gots me a bit o' learnin' ta do.

001-funny-animal-gifs-fat-hamster.gif

Back