Mojotone 5e3 Tweed Deluxe amp head build

I guess I too was remiss by not inquiring how well your fingers are healing from the incidental soldering iron contact?!!

I had a scare last night; I tried plugging into a different cab (a Mills 2x12 with Eminence GB12s) and no sound came out! So I opened up the back panel of my amp and searched for an issue. Tubes were glowing, all the voltage test points were fine.

30 minutes later I discovered that I had plugged the speaker cable into the "Aux speaker" jack instead of the "speaker" jack. 😅

Did two simple mods from Rob Robinette's 5e3 mods website; the phase inverter grid stop resistor (supposedly smooths the overdrive, pretty subtle) and the three way negative feedback switch (not so subtle and adds a ton of versatility to the amp).

Stock, the amp is very squishy and dirties up quick. With the negative feedback switch engaged it's a good bit cleaner and tighter sounding. Both sound great, but with the NFB it makes a better pedal platform, which is generally how I run my amps.

Also the custom amp badge that I ordered came in the mail today yesterday! Ordered from Droplight Ltd. who did a great job, very high quality work.

l55g56l.jpg

QKAU3Ks.jpg

Dw1m2wX.jpg

(Willow and Mittens want to know what this big amp thing is doing in the middle of living room)

eaBCwdu.jpg

qGFieYl.jpg

1c7ZykB.jpg

Back