Mojotone 5e3 Tweed Deluxe amp head build

ragamuffin

I've wanted to try my hand at building an amp kit for a long time, and I finally built the bullet! I ordered a Mojotone 5e3 Tweed Deluxe kit, and I'll be building a headshell for it. Today I populated/soldered the turret board, except for a missing 100k resistor... I'll have to wait for Mojotone to send me another. In the mean time I'll be working on the headshell, which I'm building out of pine.

sPWzCKo.jpg

Almost finished with the box, just needs some rounding over of the edges! I'll be staining the pine with the tea concentrate that I used on my jazzcaster.

mQADLXM.jpg

You know what sounds great with a tweed style amp?......................Weber Alnico Blue Dog. IMO

I want to see like your 2x12 cab with creambacks!
Looking awesome i don't think i have the skill for such an intricate Project
Awesome job so far!

Thanks guys!

IT LIVES!!! I finished wiring it up today, tested the voltages and everything checked out, so I plugged in and it's working! I'm super pleased, I was kind of worried that I wouldn't... but it did!

9X9aEE1.jpg

Now I just need to finish up on the headshell and I can rock it out!

All boxed up!

ZcYU0gI.jpg

wYipS81.jpg

wt06NEN.jpg

I ran into a slight issue; the transformer was bigger than I planned for and it wouldn't fit. Luckily all it took was a little drill n chisel to make enough room.
xeaIrfj.jpg

And of course I couldn't have done it without my lovely assistant Mittens!

gx3Z4hn.jpg

This amp is rock n roll machine! The "volume" knobs function more like "dirt" knobs and it goes from clean to mean and fuzzy!

Leroy the grumpy 18 year old Burmese says hello to mittens from his electric blanket. (I really like your new amp build, but Leroy says he dislikes it quite a lot).

Attachments

• Leroy the burmese grumpy cat.JPG
    Leroy the burmese grumpy cat.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Back