Merry Christmas to all my friends here!

what did everyone get up to this past weekend? aside from work. my SO's family tricked me into going to a Pottery Barn during that final shopping rush. i didn't know PB still existed and assumed they were joking since surely Home Goods and TJ Maxx put them out of business a decade ago, but turns out, nope, PB continues

I guess its fine if you re a Pottery Barn person and enjoy clutter. i'm not a fan of Pottery Barn in general, but this time was even worse, because an employee asked me to leave because i had my shoes on a bed. who asks someone to leave just for having their shoes on a bed? give me a warning so i can at least still walk around with the fam whole daydreaming about if Donald Glover (aka Childish Gambo) went back in time and replaced Danny Glover halfway through Predator 2. also, maybe have a sign stating, --bed testers must lie on a weird angle with their shoes hanging off the bed even though that’s not how anyone on the planet sleeps-- i suggested that, expecting her to respond with a thoughtful nod and something along the lines of “hm I see your logic and retract my statement” but instead she said, “Don’t make me call security” so I left and blazed a phat one out front of the store by the doors so i could warn other patrons about the bed situation until my SO and her fam were ready to leave

(they weren't even dirty, they were brand-new Mega Crush Clog crocs)

Last edited:
Yeah well ... my SO made go to Christmas parties where her friends were sick, and I'm like let's get out of here, AND she's like get in the festive spirit and have some fun ... now I'm sick, and she's saying that she's feeling under the weather... I think next year she'll listen to me. MERRY CHRISTMAS 🤶 🎄 ❤️

Yeah well ... my SO made go to Christmas parties where her friends were sick, and I'm like let's get out of here, AND she's like get in the festive spirit and have some fun ... now I'm sick, and she's saying that she's feeling under the weather... I think next year she'll listen to me. MERRY CHRISTMAS 🤶 🎄 ❤️
yo that sucks! i wouldn't be too hard on yourself, tho. after all, they do say "without mirth, all u have is dearth" so I hope you both get well soon, buddy

now, her "friends" on the other hand should be ashamed. throwing a party while being knowingly ill is sociopath behavior of a high order. even pre-covid that stuff wouldn't have been acceptable

Back