Moving to Montana

Wait, so are you implying that you aren't really a potato??
whoa, hold on there, I said"as far as I know".................being a Spud, I'm not aware of too many things, I know what I know if ya know what I mean da da da doo yah.

Last edited:
Did not have the option to send a P.M., so I'll say it here.
I apologize for losing my temper.
🫱

Thanks, Mr Avenger. (y)

I have had to block PMs by default, mainly due to folks asking for help with wiring or whatever off the main forum.

What happened with your forum name, was it not Street rather than Strat before?

I will get the keys to my new place this afternoon. So another step forward, but the removers are awaiting confirmation from UK Customs, which previously was never needed before they can set off to bring my things. I could get political here, but I will refrain ;)

I will get the keys to my new place this afternoon. So another step forward, but the removers are awaiting confirmation from UK Customs, which previously was never needed before they can set off to bring my things. I could get political here, but I will refrain ;)
May I recommend an inflatable air mattress?

Customs! Me, I'd get a futon and get in my new place. Is the heat on, you got water and electricity? Got a cell phone and some books? Chinese restaurant down the street? Coffee shop that sells donuts, or the UK equivalent? If so, you are move in ready!

Last edited:
May I recommend an inflatable air mattress?

I was actually considering that.
Customs! Me, I'd get a futon and get in my new place. Is the heat on, you got water and electricity? Got a cell phone and some books? Chinese restaurant down the street? Coffee shop that sells donuts, or the UK equivalent? If so, you are move in ready!
Not a fan of futons, I find them too low. But there are utilities, I might have one or two books with some of the things that came in the car. No shops etc are very close by.

I have a couple more nights in the hotel, but will probably go the inflatable mattress rout if it comes to it.

S**t happens.

As they say the best laid plans of mice and men oft times go glang aglee.... so make up a plan b that includes a guitar ...

Probably misquoting...

I have read that the literal translation of "futon" is "unwanted guest".

Well ... if it's not a futon then a mattress on the floors will work. Even an inflatable one.

I have this excellent futon from Japan, it's got this hard thing that functions like a box spring, and a mattress. I sleep like a baby on it.

montana, eh? i been there, bozeman, specifically, around 97 or '98, i dunno. whenever the uk handed hong kong back over to china, it was a big deal iirc.

i tried to get into the gibson acoustic facility but they were like 'lol no', however there was a group of kids from the local university hanging out at a nearby pub and i said "hey" and they said "hey" and i was like "what's crackin' around here, i just got in" and they said "let's go to the quarry and drink" and i was like "Imao, yeah let's roll".

but that ended up leading to one of the strangest experiences of my storied existence (i mean, yeah, i had been 'pre-gaming' on my then-prototype called Dank Steak (like Flank Steak, but infused/marinated with our favorite hypnotropic plant) but still, i swear this happened).

we got to the quarry (which if u don't know is like a big, rocky, public hole and you can throw stuff in it) around 10pm so i admit it was dark, we climbed the fence and walked for 10-15 minutes before getting to the hole. we hung out, sang, howled at the moon, got more toasted, threw rocks, and then it was time to go.

well on the way back, i had to relieve myself so i went off the path a bit. just as i was about to let loose, unzipped in front of god and nature, an unusually tall dog emerged from the tree and onto the trail, less than 20 feet from where i stood. it froze and stared up at me, but it had a human face, and i don't mean like, when your sig-oh (short for significant other) says "aww, that dog has such a human face" and it just means the dog has expressive eyes but still only has the brain capacity to think "Imao i want food and sleep and pats." no, i mean like, this dog had an actual human Face. pat buchanon's human face, which made it like, three times (3x) more malevolant looking.

i wanted to run, but i didn't want to turn my back to it so i also froze, i might not have been able to run anyway as my knees started to buckle from the panic.

the Face opened its mouth and moistened its lips, as if it was about to deny the holocaust, but apparently changed its mind and closed its mouth again. those dead, False pat buchanann eyes were as expressionless as the real one's the whole encounter. like a rubber mask. except the Face then frowned and then looked upward to the sky and then back at me, before dashing off into the woods.

nobody believed me, and one idiot said it was a racoon, but i'm fairly certain i was the one surfing with the aliens that night.

Awesome... if I lived on the neighborhood I'd come over and help you unpack. Don't lift anything too heavy and have the movers put it in the room you want.

Back