So here is something new: a podcast!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member

SMALL_Explain Yourself Logo.jpg

Hey....here's something new! My wife Kathy and I have started a podcast, just for fun. It's called Explain Yourself, and the first two episodes are now on Spotify. It's a little rough as we were still finding our way, but we're getting it dialed in. If you are podcast listener, check it out, tell your friends, and be sure to subscribe!

This sounds cool! Is it only on Spotify, and if so might you branch out to other podcast platforms? I'd like to give this a try but I don't do Spotify.

This sounds cool! Is it only on Spotify, and if so might you branch out to other podcast platforms? I'd like to give this a try but I don't do Spotify.
I don't do Spotify either, but I'm able to listen to this. Maybe I have a limited number of things I can listen to. (?)

Thanks Aaron, I'll check it out when I get a few minutes.

Looks like fun! I just listened to first 2 minutes, but I think you hit it on the head, some victorians wanted to show off their word wizardry, and cooked up the words. The simpler words like gaggle were cooked up by common folk with a brain like mine, and then the smarter ones came up with murder, labour, pod etc.

Only on Spotify for now, because that can be done for free. In the unlikely event that it becomes a thing we might pony up for a distribution service, but that remains to be seen.

FYI though....you can listen on Spotify for free.

During Covid my wife and I would go on a lot of local hikes, and she wanted to listen to music, so for the past 3 years, or is it 4 now(?) I've been on spotify and they've never bothered me in any way. I'm sure someone is monitoring me listening to Bob Dylan, Dan Carlin (history guy), Mike Duncan (Revolutions) Zee Avi, Eagles and explain yourself.

Listened to the rest of the podcast, enjoyed it, especially when it veered into story territory, or the history of words.

I hope it takes off, and if it doesn't, at least it sounds like you're having fun.
I put it in my library.

By the way, best music bumpers I've ever heard!

Last edited:
By the way, best music bumpers I've ever heard!

Wow....thanks! That's my secret side-hustle. I produce themes, jingles, etc. I've done lots of bumpers for other people's podcasts and YouTube channels, themes for stage plays and roadshows, etc. I love it!

Back