Man, buzz kill... warning, really sad story!

Superlizard said:
Yet I'm pretty sure you yourself (yes, you) and the other said Americans on this board have never shot and killed a 4 year old or murdered someone over drugs or what have you.
:dontknow: Whoops.

Actually my life and the way I grew up is nothing like the lives of people that become gang bangers. I've never experienced racism, poverty, violence, crime, or discrimination of any kind. Sure, individuals have a choice to live a certain way, but people also tend to live what they know. Generations of systematic inequality and dehumanization don't just disappear over night. As much as we'd like our past to be in the past, we're still living with it. Yes we're all a part of the same society, but we all haven't been treated the same way and we all haven't had the same opportunities.

Gang violence and drug abuse are among the many illnesses of American society. As with any sickness, you must treat both the symptoms and the cause. You really can't separate one from the other.
An individual is ultimately responsible for his own actions. That being said, to discount or ignore what circumstances drove him to those actions is to perpetuate those conditions. This goes for both positive and negative situations. If something happens that is really good, it must be realized that good didn't happen all by itself. Likewise the bad.

ildar said:
Gang violence and drug abuse are among the many illnesses of American society. As with any sickness, you must treat both the symptoms and the cause. You really can't separate one from the other.
An individual is ultimately responsible for his own actions. That being said, to discount or ignore what circumstances drove him to those actions is to perpetuate those conditions. This goes for both positive and negative situations. If something happens that is really good, it must be realized that good didn't happen all by itself. Likewise the bad.

Brilliantly put, Al.

GoDrex said:
Actually my life and the way I grew up is nothing like the lives of people that become gang bangers. I've never experienced racism, poverty, violence, crime, or discrimination of any kind. Sure, individuals have a choice to live a certain way, but people also tend to live what they know. Generations of systematic inequality and dehumanization don't just disappear over night. As much as we'd like our past to be in the past, we're still living with it. Yes we're all a part of the same society, but we all haven't been treated the same way and we all haven't had the same opportunities.

Took the words out of my mouth, Gary.

Alfang, not trying to pick on you.  Sorry.  :(  I owe you a beer.

Max said:
Superlizard said:
Yet I'm pretty sure you yourself (yes, you) and the other said Americans on this board have never shot and killed a 4 year old or murdered someone over drugs or what have you.

You're Australian, so you don't count.  :laughing7:

Max said:
Superlizard said:

Well the original post was talking about something that happened in the USA, so therefore using "American society" in my example.

Oh, I thought you were from down under.  Maybe I am confusing you with Connor... all you kids look alike.  :help:

dbw said:
Oh, I thought you were from down under.  Maybe I am confusing you with Connor... all you kids look alike.   :help:

It's all that hair. It's disgraceful.

kboman said:
dbw said:
Oh, I thought you were from down under.  Maybe I am confusing you with Connor... all you kids look alike.   :help:

Balding I assume? :laughing11:

Yeah, you got me and Connor mixed up. Connor doesn't really look like me. More hair, and about half a foot taller or more.

Max said:
kboman said:
Balding I assume? :laughing11:

Nah, going on 28 and it looks like I got mum's genes (no hair loss on that side of the family). My hair is getting pretty long as well actually... oh the demands of women.

/End of thread hi-jack, let the regular programming continue.../

I didn't read all 4 pages, just the first one.

What I find crazy is that drug users are always shed as the victim.
If it weren't for the end user. where the cash flow starts.. the drug lords in columbia and vietnam and wherever else would not have a market.

These "safe injection" houses leave me so incredulous I can't speak sometimes.  They're having this huge debate in areas around here (calgary) about these kinds of places, Gang violence is getting worse here too. theres already been something like 5 or  6 gang related deaths this year.

If you make a "safe injection" shelter... you're encouraging the illegal trafficking of drugs and supporting the guys that grow them.  Why on earth would you make the guy selling be the stuff the bad guy and the guy spending the money on it the victim.  He's just as much at fault.  Lock them up, rehabilitate them properly.  I dont know how this would work. but its a suggestion.

If we legalize all these drugs we might as well just spend the money on devleoping SOMA for everyone.

yeah I'm an intellectual fag

Volitions Advocate said:
I didn't read all 4 pages, just the first one.

What I find crazy is that drug users are always shed as the victim.
If it weren't for the end user. where the cash flow starts.. the drug lords in columbia and vietnam and wherever else would not have a market.

These "safe injection" houses leave me so incredulous I can't speak sometimes.  They're having this huge debate in areas around here (calgary) about these kinds of places, Gang violence is getting worse here too. theres already been something like 5 or  6 gang related deaths this year.

If you make a "safe injection" shelter... you're encouraging the illegal trafficking of drugs and supporting the guys that grow them.  Why on earth would you make the guy selling be the stuff the bad guy and the guy spending the money on it the victim.  He's just as much at fault.  Lock them up, rehabilitate them properly.  I dont know how this would work. but its a suggestion.

If we legalize all these drugs we might as well just spend the money on devleoping SOMA for everyone.

yeah I'm an intellectual fag

Someone knows his classic sci-fi literature.  That book scared the hell out of me.  

Volitions Advocate said:

Soma's already here, man... zoloft, paxil, wellbutrin, oxycontin, valium, you name it, your choice. 

Neil Stryker X said:
Volitions Advocate said:

Soma's already here, man... zoloft, paxil, wellbutrin, oxycontin, valium, you name it, your choice. 

Hell yes it's already here... started in the 1st half of the 20th century:

Television (aka The Boob Tube)    :icon_biggrin:

Alfang said:
The time is comming quick that WE the People need to form or own groups to take back our streets and out country

I don't often agree with you politically Alfang, but I am behind you in this ^^^ regard 100%.

Back