Man, buzz kill... warning, really sad story!

Come on man - that doesn't make you sound like a hard ass tough guy at all Guitlouie. :laughing7:

guitlouie said:
I'm done with the political and social posts, they get my blood pressure up.  I'm gonna stick to guitar talk (unless of course something strikes a nerve again)

I for one made a decision a long time ago not to live in fear of this world.  That was step one for me.  Once again,  there are NO SIMPLE SOLUTIONS!

Ok ok one more.

+ 1,000,000,000  You hit the nail on the head with this one. 

SL: Sorry, I know I was being kinda rude.  I will point out that I was 100% correct, though.  (Your profile says you live in AZ.)  Cheers  :eek:ccasion14:

Klanch, obviously you are right.  Heroin, crack, and meth are a different animal and there are pros and cons to legalizing those.  But there is simply no good reason to keep marijuana illegal.

At the risk of hijacking this thread further, Obama's site has this excellent question on it:

“Will you consider legalizing cannabis/marijuana/hemp so that the government can regulate it, tax it, put age limits on it, and create millions of new jobs and create a multi-billion dollar industry right here in the U.S.?”—DJ C, Chicago, IL

And this incredibly unsatisfying answer:

Open for Questions Response, 12/15/08: “President-elect Obama is not in favor of the legalization of marijuana.”

Sigh.  I assume Obama knows that marijuana laws are stupid.  After all, he's admitted he smoked in the past... does he think he deserved to go to jail for that?  Just imagine if he'd been busted with a gram back in the 80s... he sure as hell wouldn't be planning his inauguration in 6 days.  Obama doesn't take a stand when he knows his position is politically unpopular.  Maybe that'll change once he's been in office a year or two.  On the other hand maybe he actually believes weed is evil.

But I digress. :p

guitlouie said:
I'm done with the political and social posts, they get my blood pressure up.  I'm gonna stick to guitar talk (unless of course something strikes a nerve again)

I always say that too.  The one thing that I would like to contribute to this is this point.  Anyone, on either side of any of these issues that are being brought up here, that says "Oh, I have a simple solution for that....(Insert simple minded, simple solution here)"  is the one who is out of their minds.  There is no simple solution for any of these issues.  Someone said the cops should be allowed to shoot anyone flashing gang signs.  Then they shoot YOUR kid....."Oh I think he flashed a gang sign..."  sounds like a good plan to me, give the cops more of a chance to become the criminal.   Someone said make the mothers responsible.  What about the mothers who really did try to no avail to keep their kids out of this kind of life?  Someone said, shoot everyone you think is doing wrong.  Who made you judge jury and executioner?  The kinds of problems that end with a 4 year old being shot to prove what a big man you are, are not the kind of problems that can be solved by overnight with a simple "Let's do this".  We all need to take back our world if we want a functioning society, but it is not going to be easy, and it is not going to be up to some cowboys riding through town blowing everybody away.  I for one made a decision a long time ago not to live in fear of this world.  That was step one for me.  Once again,  there are NO SIMPLE SOLUTIONS!

A kid got shot once for flashing gang signs... only they weren't gang signs, he was deaf.  So yeah, probably not a good idea to blow people away for that.

I honestly don't think we're ever totally going to iradicate gangs, even if we did go the Rambo route.  There were gangs in ancient Rome (yes, there were gangs back when you could get crucified for killing an innocent person), there are gangs now.  I just really wish there wasn't a huge part of pop culture that tries to make them seem super cool, like gangsta rap and Grand Theft Auto.  

dbw said:
SL: Sorry, I know I was being kinda rude.  I will point out that I was 100% correct, though.  (Your profile says you live in AZ.)  Cheers  :eek:ccasion14:

The only thing that really offends me is blatant ignorance.  So no, no rudeness detected.  However, you're still wrong (heheh):

Born in D.C. - lived in MN the majority of my life.

I've been living here for 10 years now... 2 main reasons why I moved are:

1)  get away from all that crappy weather

2)  get away from all that crappy ignorance

You lived in Minnesota and you moved to Arizona to escape ignorance?  Might want to re-check those figures, I think you miscalculated!    :laughing7: :laughing7:

dbw said:
You lived in Minnesota and you moved to Arizona to escape ignorance?  Might want to re-check those figures, I think you miscalculated!    :laughing7: :laughing7:

Nah.  Last I looked, they were voting in Al Franken.

Lack of sunshine has a tendency to cause people to think erratically...

theklanch said:
ZGOZZ said:
mean people suck. :sad:

And nice people swallow.  And nice people don't go to the bathroom to spit it out either..........

Oh Gross.....
Klanch.......As I said in a different topic.  We were all thinking it................  :eek:ccasion14:

OK dbw, so this isn't the old west,  That's my point, that's where we need to go back to, as far as dragging me into a race thing forget about it, how dare you  I guess its popular to bash alfang huh?

maybe you should go talk to those gangbangers shooting the 4 year old kid, i bet a couple of timeouts will do the trick

this world will do just fine without them, as far as blaming everything on drugs, go ahead, blame the drugs. But i know lots of people that don't use drugs, why? because I hang with law abidding people, Shoot the rest of em, or vote for legalizing drugs.

You have just created an excuse for some piece o crap to shoot kids, cuz you dont like the law. The law is the law, and last time i checked, it's illeagal to shoot minors, My point is this, I'd rather shoot you first for defending them, then shoot them.

The rules and punishment we have now evidently aren't working,  so come up with a plan better than mine and i'll listen. Otherwise E-Mail me offline and we'll talk

News was much better tonight:  http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Great-Dane-Karate-Skills-Stop-OC-Home-Invasion.html

The USA has the highest incarceration rate of ANY country in the world and yet there's still lots of crime - so that's not working... drugs are illegal and you can still get all the drugs you want and that black market gives gangs power and money.... so that's not working either. Yeah I've got it, let's just KILL everyone Alfang and SuperLizard think aren't worthy to live. Great idea! Let's not bother addressing the reasons why our society creates these kinds of situations, let's just kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out - YEE HAW!!! We've done it before and we can do it again! Sing it with me!

GoDrex said:
Hitler II - The Final Final Solution. This Time He's Pissed! :laughing7:
:eek:

I laughed out loud when I read this (no beer, Mayfly, I'm at work), but I felt bad about it.

GoDrex said:
Let's not bother addressing the reasons why our society creates these kinds of situations...

Oddly enough, you yourself (yes, you) and many other American contributors to this board live in the same exact society as the murderous gangbangers and others of their ilk.

Yet I'm pretty sure you yourself (yes, you) and the other said Americans on this board have never shot and killed a 4 year old or murdered someone over drugs or what have you.

So, with that in mind, you simply cannot blame society for their crimes.

Instead, you should be blaming them for their own actions... which is what it really is.

Society didn't force the individual to shoot and kill the 4 year old; he/she did it out of their own will.

Back