Make a profit?

I've been burned more often than not with Ebay, so I don't even bother with it anymore (trying to sell stuff that is).  Even with high positive feedback on auction winners, I've had deadbeat winners that never paid.  It makes it no fun when you invest the time and energy to set up the auction just to have the winner not pay and you still have to pay Ebay the % of the sale.  I have a feeling this may be like that.  Auction closing price doesn't always mean they actually bought it.

Rick said:
good grief.
F1070charlie%20brown.jpg

I sold a guitar to a lady once who complained that the guitar wasn't in tune when it arrived, and the trem wasn't floating as described..........even though I said I was going to loosen the strings for transport...
she never even left me feedback
Still pisses me off.. she didn't deserve my beloved korina strat with bloodwood neck :(

Markoooooo said:
I sold a guitar to a lady once who complained that the guitar wasn't in tune when it arrived, and the trem wasn't floating as described..........even though I said I was going to loosen the strings for transport...
she never even left me feedback
Still pisses me off.. she didn't deserve my beloved korina strat with bloodwood neck :(

You know what else is funny?  Women voting.

I do this with gift bags my kids get stuff in.  You wouldn't believe what people pay for a used gift bag.  Beats paying for an extra trash tag!

Jesusneck1.jpg

Well, the first guy specializes in selling Jesus stickers, Jesus neckplates, and even whole Jesus guitars at one point - not that anyone, especially an AMERICAN,  would ever try to profit off of the guy who said:

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/crosstowncustoms

It looks like he might be getting out of the biz, probably moving into prayer napkins or canned Holy Land dirt or something.

If you're asking why I said good grief, did you look at the item in original post?  It just seemed silly to me to pay a good $10 for a free sticker that most people eventually take off.

Rick said:
If you're asking why I said good grief, did you look at the item in original post? 

That makes sense, I just didn't have the context.  There wasn't a quote or anything so I assumed it was referring to the preceding post.

Back