Make a profit?

DocNrock

Master Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/Warmoth-Headstock-Decal-for-Strat-or-Tele-Necks_W0QQitemZ260409625452QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item3ca19f8b6c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

As of rigtht now it has 5 bids and is up to $8 (plus shipping).  All for a sticker Warmoth gives you for free with a a build, or can buy for $1.50?

Nicely played. 

Kublai said:
That sticker from W is $25 right? Minimum order.

So you buy 17 of them to meet the minimum order, turn around and sell them on ebay for $100 profit.    That or just every order you place from Warmoth, order a couple extra just to sell on ebay.   

The Bay is always interesting...wonder how much you could get for the nice chrome W logos?

More proof that the majority of ebay users are idiots, still you can't blame the seller, fair play to them for that. I've seen this sort of thing happen on a regular basis on other items specifically bits and pieces for model railways and old computer games. In the case of the former I've seen items worth say £2-£5 sell for 10 times that simply because a few people get in a bidding war. It does seem that to some people ebay is a game that they have to win, therefore you get incidents like this where a comparatively worthless items sells for a large amount of cash. Pathetic really, still if I ever sell anything there I'll be hoping for something like that to happen. ;)

Hey, can't blame the guy for thowing it up on eBay.  At least he's not claiming it'll make your tone like Jimi's!

dbw said:
Hey, can't blame the guy for thowing it up on eBay.  At least he's not claiming it'll make your tone like Jimi's!
And he's offering free shipping. I've seen lots of people selling Fender water slide decals for $12-$17 and charging $7 for shipping. Now how f'd up is that, it would only cost a stamp, and they were charging $7..

Here's the thing that I can't understand:  I would think that anyone who didn't build Warmoths wouldn't care about a sticker like that, yet anyone who does build Warmoths would know that this is a complete rip-off.  Who are these people bidding on this, and why do they want one so badly?

DocNrock said:
Here's the thing that I can't understand:  I would think that anyone who didn't build Warmoths wouldn't care about a sticker like that, yet anyone who does build Warmoths would know that this is a complete rip-off.  Who are these people bidding on this, and why do they want one so badly?
:dontknow:

He's probably like a lot of people on the bay that have various friends bidding on his stuff to help him make more $$$$$$$$

DangerousR6 said:
He's probably like a lot of people on the bay that have various friends bidding on his stuff to help him make more $$$$$$$$

You're probably right. 

Either that or someone who wants to turn a no-name crappy pine neck into a "Warmoth"...and sell it on the bay  :dontknow:

Blue313 said:
Either that or someone who wants to turn a no-name crappy pine neck into a "Warmoth"...and sell it on the bay  :dontknow:

Seems like a pretty limited market?

Blue313 said:

Never thought of that...that might be considered an investment.

So now one is up to $15.50!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Warmoth-Headstock-Decal-for-Strat-or-Tele-Necks_W0QQitemZ260424133855QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item3ca27cecdf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

DocNrock said:
smavridis said:
im gunna have to do this.

+1, you don't even have to ship anything, just stick it in an envelope and send it out in the mail.   :icon_biggrin:
Hell ya, I got a whole book of forever stamps..... :icon_thumright:

Back