LP bodies prices insane?

you guys realize... that you can actually make a counterfeit guitar and sell it at a high price... you just have to make sure you cover up your tracks. for a novice guitarist, if he sees a fender logo on the headstock with a fake serial number, he'll think its a for realzeez fender. thats what they did in the '90's with the vintage boom.

smavridis said:
you guys realize... that you can actually make a counterfeit guitar and sell it at a high price... you just have to make sure you cover up your tracks. for a novice guitarist, if he sees a fender logo on the headstock with a fake serial number, he'll think its a for realzeez fender. thats what they did in the '90's with the vintage boom.

I really don't think that's what anyone on this forum is all about. If I'm wrong, please let me know and I'll make sure never to return.

lafromla1 said:
smavridis said:

I really don't think that's what anyone on this forum is all about. If I'm wrong, please let me know and I'll make sure never to return.

From what I can tell, this is NOT what this forum is about.

Death, I am very sure that the vast majority of people on this forum are people that love music, especially making music, and are above trying to make and sell counterfeit guitars.  I was just trying to make a point of that to the previous poster.

lafromla1 said:
Death, I am very sure that the vast majority of people on this forum are people that love music, especially making music, and are above trying to make and sell counterfeit guitars.  I was just trying to make a point of that to the previous poster.

I was agreeing with you.  :icon_thumright:

All I've seen here are people who are very much into guitars, whether building them or finding out info related to woods, hardware, finishing, etc.

In fact the only thread I can think of related to re-sale value and building guitars for sale had to do with a member who just enjoys building them as a hobby and wanted to know if it was possible to break even to continue building them for fun?

When I ordered my guitar, the idea of resale value never entered my mind. In fact I hadn't been on this forum long enough to learn about the resale on Warmoth guitars being poor. I bought mine knowing that I'd have it forever. That was the point for me. I wanted a guitar that I would always want to play. I tried to make sure it was something that I'd never look back at and wonder what I was thinking. I don't know if I succeeded 100% - but it's very close.

no no, you guys are taking it the wrong way. im just pointing out what happened in the '90s. the way i stated that sounded really wrong, my apologies.  :dontknow:

smavridis said:
no no, you guys are taking it the wrong way. im just pointing out what happened in the '90s. the way i stated that sounded really wrong, my apologies.  :dontknow:

That's better, 'cause all I got to say about it is this,............
[youtube=425,350]0zzBq3gKXYE[/youtube]

:icon_jokercolor: :toothy12: :icon_jokercolor:

seriously, come on man. i hate metallica because they sold out. i ranted about jacksons quality in another thread... because they sold out. and now im ordering a warmoth guitar because all the other companys (except dean from what i know, but i dont like dean anyway) HAVE SOLD OUT! money is the root of all problems. so i wouldnt be the kind of guy to build a guitar and sell it to some genuine guitarist who is just looking for a vintage guitar, just for a quick buck. thats bullstuff.

smavridis said:
seriously, come on man. i hate metallica because they sold out. i ranted about jacksons quality in another thread... because they sold out. and now im ordering a warmoth guitar because all the other companys (except dean from what i know, but i dont like dean anyway) HAVE SOLD OUT! money is the root of all problems. so i wouldnt be the kind of guy to build a guitar and sell it to some genuine guitarist who is just looking for a vintage guitar, just for a quick buck. thats bullstuff.

I'm just pulling your chain. it's all good.  :icon_thumright:

Uh companies can't really "sell out"... companies exist for commercial profit so they are all sell outs by definition.

dbw said:
Uh companies can't really "sell out"... companies exist for commercial profit so they are all sell outs by definition.

hmmm yeah, but some companies might have more integrity than others, which is generally what people mean by selling out - meaning selling out your ideals or your quality or your customers for a buck. You can still make a buck doing things in a good way (or maybe you won't be able to survive), or you can do them in in a cheezoid way in order to increase your profits (like cutting corners and using your name to justify insane prices).

GoDrex said:
dbw said:

hmmm yeah, but some companies might have more integrity than others, which is generally what people mean by selling out - meaning selling out your ideals or your quality or your customers for a buck. You can still make a buck doing things in a good way (or maybe you won't be able to survive), or you can do them in in a cheezoid way in order to increase your profits (like cutting corners and using your name to justify insane prices).

Fair enough  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:
Death by Uberschall said:
DocNrock said:
Death by Uberschall said:
DocNrock said:
Money is the answer and money is the question...any questions?

Yeah, were can I get more money?!?!?!?  :icon_jokercolor:

Was that an answer or a question? :icon_biggrin:

It was definitely a question!!!  :toothy11:

The question is in the answer.   :icon_biggrin:

???
Did you forget to take your Geritol today???  :toothy12:

Back