LP 60s slim taper contour

elgravos

OK, realize I'm just flying the flag here as this one has come up more than a few times already.  The votes are in and we definitely need a new neck contour... more than a Standard Thin - and less than a 59.  And no, an asymetric neck such as the Wolfgang is not the answer.  I own one and the reason I bought it was because the dimensions seemed close enough.  Truth be told, it just doesn't feel anywhere within that ballpark.  If there was a neck available that was a similar in spec to what modern day gibson call the slim taper 60s neck... well I would buy 2 of those tomorrow.

This is honestly what's holding me back from placing a huge order.  I have literally purchased EVERY profile (besides the two beasts, boat & fat) and not one of them feels comfortable to my hand.  Standard Thin, SRV, '59 Roundback, Wolfgang, and the Clapton, they just don't work for me.

If they made a new profile profile that lands between the Standard Thin and the '59 Roundback, you can count me in for SIX necks.  Yes, I said SIX..

One cbs strat neck
One tele neck
One jazzmaster neck
One lp neck
One super strat neck (regular strat headstock, floyd nut)
One shredder neck (warhead probably, floyd nut)

All would be Warmoth Pro, with various woods of course.

I would honestly order them right now, without any hesitation.

Back