Lost my mind and spent all my $$$

Got word today from RobR that my soloist should ship tomorrow. I can't wait. By what RobR has told me, I'm guessing it will be awesome and as nice as my Tele and/or blow the Tele away in an unreal way.  :headbang1:

Death by Uberschall said:
Got word today from RobR that my soloist should ship tomorrow. I can't wait. By what RobR has told me, I'm guessing it will be awesome and as nice as my Tele and/or blow the Tele away in an unreal way.  :headbang1:

Cool!  Can't wait to see it!

But really if it blows your tele away then I'll likely die from a heart attack.... :laughing7:

I think this could be the first time, in a very long time that I'm at a loss for words!!  :sad:

I need some help with adjectives, PLEASE!!!  :eek:

Max said:
Pics first, then words. You don't flirt with a girl before you see her, do you?

Just out of the box!!!

:headbang1: :headbang: :eek: :headbang: :headbang1:
Soloist%20001.JPG

Soloist%20002.JPG

Soloist%20003.JPG

Soloist%20004.JPG

Soloist%20005.JPG

Soloist%20006.JPG

Soloist%20007.JPG

Soloist%20008.JPG

Soloist%20009.JPG

Soloist%20010.JPG

OH MAN!!!

That is gorgeous!
I can see how you were at a loss for words.

Really incredible!!
WOW
I really like the no-inlay option.

James

:headbang1:

Ok I'm gonna try to stay alive...I need to see this finished!

That is AMAZING!  But why did you have to Floyd it?

Tempest said:
But why did you have to Floyd it?

A Floyd is a tool.  :icon_thumright:

I built my Tele with a hard tail, my LP's are hard tails, so a Floyd just felt right for this Soloist.  :headbang1:

I already have the brass big block for it.  :icon_biggrin:

The pics do not do that body justice..... I was floored when this came down from paint.... just the perfect amounts of everything on that one.... Also got me thinking about my next build.... Thanks again DBU!

RobR said:
The pics do not do that body justice..... I was floored when this came down from paint.... just the perfect amounts of everything on that one.... Also got me thinking about my next build.... Thanks again DBU!

I agree, I had a hard time getting how awesome it is to show up in the pics!! Yes, there really is more to it than what the pics show. The coloring and tone shading, the movement of the flame from different angles, etc.

I am glad the Tele got here first. If the Tele showed up after this Soloist, I'd have been disappointed in the Tele. Not that there's anything wrong with the Tele  :icon_jokercolor:. Now it's just a progression in the right direction.

I don't think I could dream up anything nicer than this. This is my "Black" album or "Dark Side of the Moon" guitar!!! Anything after it will be judged against it and fail!!!

And RobR, it's a BIG THANK YOU!! :icon_thumright:  

Sorry I've got you spending money now!!  :icon_jokercolor:
Can I expect to see a new Tele in your future??? This look would be awesome on a carved top Tele!!!  :eek:

What a fantastic finish!  :icon_thumright:

The flames just continue everywhere.  There should be a warning on the case to avoid hallucinogens while viewing it.

These two pics are the closest to the actual colors. But the guitar actually has a darker brownish/goldish/amberish coloring going on, especially around the bursted edges.  :icon_thumright:

Soloist%20008.JPG

Soloist%20009.JPG

WOW. That is some amazing work, among the very best I've seen. How does it compare to those Hamer Californians you've got, in person?

tfarny said:
WOW. That is some amazing work, among the very best I've seen. How does it compare to those Hamer Californians you've got, in person?

The dye makes the flame pop better than anything else I own.  Those Hamers are solid maple which makes them really bright. The mahogany body should add some nice warm tones to it. Makes me want to put those Cali's down for good. Anybody wanna buy them???  ???

j/k Those Cali's aren't going anywhere, so RobR, put your wallet away!!!!!  :laughing7:

Mm, that Warmoth is WAY nicer than those Hamers.  That finish is one is a zillion  :guitarplayer2:

Edit: As far as appearance goes.  I'm not saying anything about how they play :)

dbw said:
Mm, that Warmoth is WAY nicer than those Hamers.  That finish is one is a zillion  :guitarplayer2:

Edit: As far as appearance goes.  I'm not saying anything about how they play :)

I knew what you meant.  :laughing7:

Back