Lost my mind and spent all my $$$

Nice choice of top, lots of color / brightness variation there. Should take the dye in a really interesting way.

I love the look of my flamed maple neck.  I just don't like having a finish on it, it's not as fast to play as my maple/ebony.  Still, it's going to look great and I can't wait to see it!!!

UPDATE:
So in doing my part as a citizen of this great country of ours (U.S.A. for those wondering), I've initiated my own stimulus plan for our great economy and have thrown fiscal responsibility out the window!!

So in following that ideal, I asked myself, "Self, why have only one Warmoth custom guitar when you can have two?!?!?!"

Ordered yesterday:

Build #2
No binding, clean line option/no burst over

1-piece mahogany body
Unique Choice quilt maple top
Contoured heel
Tummy cut
HxH pick-up routing
Tele humbucker bridge route/drilling
Rear contol route
Single volume (I'll drill for location once I have the body)
Blade 3-way switch - Strat position
7/8 jack hole

No binding/no burst over

3A flame maple neck
Jet black ebony board
Tele headstock shape
Quilt maple headstock veneer
Gotoh tuner ream
1-11/16 nut
Graphtech graphite nut (installed and pre-cut)
Wolfgang profile
22 fret
SS6100 frets
No face dots/inlay
White side dots
Clear back

Gotoh humbucker Tele bridge
Metal humbucker mounting ring for neck pup
Goto SG38 tuners
Vintage style string retainer
String ferrules
Neck plate w/pad
Electro socket jack
CRL 3-way blade switch w/black knob
Flat top knob for volume

Picture of MOCK UP at bottom. But mine will not have the "F" hole.

Here's a mock up of the soloist. As close as I could get it with the available options in the software. 

Headstock will be the Warmoth shape instead of the Strat shape.

Middle pup route will not be there of course.

Volitions Advocate said:
well when you put 'em together you better send pics and clips of you playing them through your uberschall
Of all the amps I own (and I own plenty) it is my "go to" amp.

A friend of mine blew up his Marshall, they don't take falls very well BTW. He asked if I could help with an amp for a gig while it was being repaired. I said sure. I gave him a quick run down of the amps I have and he said for me to bring my favorite. It's fun to hear your own gear being played by somebody else, that way you can truly hear how it sounds to the audience. I set him up with the Uberschall, my MXR Carbon Copy in the loop for a little delay and my AnalogMan Bi-Chorus on the floor (he has some kind of crappy "Fab" chorus that he hates). I warned him and the band that this would be a "band altering" experience!!! I know that amp very well and how to dial it in. We both use EMG 81/85 pups 99% of the time. That made it easy for me, just used my normal settings. He picked one of his LTD Deluxe LP's w/EMG's, plugged in, clicked to the clean channel, and strummed a chord. Well after repeatedly picking his jaw up off of the floor, he said that was the clean tone he has been looking for (and that was without the chorus on). He did use the chorus here and there, but said he loved the straight tone so much he could do without the chorus (didn't use it much at all for the gig). But once he stepped on the gain channel, it was on, his jaw hit the floor and stayed there. Not only did he freak on it, but so did the rest of the band and the sound guy!  It's fun to watch a guitarist who just got the crap slapped out of him by great tone!! He was on fire the whole night!! I've seen him and the band play many times, but never like that!! He went for broke that night. The entire band thanked me many times over afterwards. He told me "I'm sorry I threw money at my Marshall for repairs, it should have been rocks!" LOL. The next day he told me he immediately went home from the show and started searching the 'net for one. Yeah, it's that good of an amp.  :headbang1:

I have a recording I made with it one day somewhere, just got to load it up. Nothing great as playing goes (a long night of tossing dollar bills and drinks can have that effect) and with a bad hangover I just plugged up and hit record. Mostly me just doodling with some rhythms and some lead work that I played on the fly, nothing pre-planned. But the amp really did shine.

Volitions Advocate said:
well when you put 'em together you better send pics and clips of you playing them through your uberschall
Found the clips and loaded them up. The Uberschall is not a "one-trick pony".

Note: These recordings were done the morning after I was out late tossing back drinks and tossing dollar bills. So these are not studio quality or edited, just me hitting the record button and doodling around, no click track, no backing tracks. There are bad spots and bad notes, but great tones.

My Uberschall 1
Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/EMG 81/85 pups, Uberschall w/AnalogMan Bi-Chorus on clean intro. Straight into amp on hi-gain.

My Uberschall 2
Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/EMG 81/85 pups, Uberschall w/MXR Flanger on clean intro. Straight into amp, OCD v4 used for crunch tones on clean channel.

I'm getting so excited about these builds. Talked with Rob today just to see how they are coming along (no pressure, just curious) and he leaves me with:

"Sorry no teaser pics…. But I can tell you I saw the soloist before it went in for one of the clear coats…. One word…. WOW!…. The soloist was stunning in the “not done” phase I saw it in….".

LMAO, I'm dying over here!! Can't wait to see them!!

That is all.  :blob7:

p.s. On a side note: I can honestly say that Warmoth has some great people & gear heads working there. Rob & John are nothing but professionals I had the pleasure to work with. Even with me flip flopping back and forth on options, they were both great. Props to you guys!!  :icon_thumright:

OK, time to make this thread legit!!!  :headbang:

Just Out of the Box

Blue dye with everything else clear coated.  :headbang1:

It was overcast when I took these pics and had to use the flash, they may look a little washed out. The color is a darker, deeper blue than what these pics show.

Tele%20006.JPG

Tele%20007.JPG

Tele%20003.JPG

Tele%20008.JPG

Tele%20009.JPG

Tele%20010.JPG

Tele%20016.JPG

Tele%20017.JPG

Tele%20018.JPG

Max said:
Looks great! It would be a good match with Docs Strat, I think.

Any news on the Soloist?

About 1-2 more weeks on the soloist. Rob told me they weren't satisfied with the finish on the neck and sent it back into the paint shop.

That looks great! I am usually not that into blue guitars, but this looks really cool!

Back