Les Paul apprecitiation thread. Show what ya got.

All beauties especially the purp burst one with three covered humbuckers and trem.  What do you call this colour ?

Unwound G said:
All beauties especially the purp burst one with three covered humbuckers and trem.  What do you call this colour ?

+1! i was just thinking... i love the 3 humbuckers, but its almost too bad some of that quilt had to get covered up.

Unwound G said:

thats purple mist burst. I 'designed' that, cause I haven't seen one like that before, anywhere (a year after i posted pics of that guitar, PRS came up with that color as if it were their own...). to get it exactly how I want it, the right mixture of grey and purple, thats complicated...or so I've been told.

about my fireburst: i've got that one for over a year now. almost 1,5 years! :p its i believe THE first, or one of the first double lam tops, if I'm right. anyway, thats a great one too.

PS: what do you mean with too much fret markers? :p I like inlay  :evil4: no inlay= not a cool guitar imho haha

JaySwear said:
Unwound G said:

+1! i was just thinking... i love the 3 humbuckers, but its almost too bad some of that quilt had to get covered up.

maybe, but a 2 pickup looks 'naked' for me. If I had to choose, I'd choose 3 pickups over 2 pickups, but if the body's already routed  for 2 in the showcase, I wouldn't have it redone for 3. too much hassle ;) if its from the showcase, I'd want it NOW/ASAP, and having to wait 2 or 3 more days extra for that extra pickup is excrutiating for me :D you can perfectly see which ones came from the showcase directly, haha.

don't get me wrong, a 3 humbucker LP is probably the coolest thing you could possibly do to me  :icon_biggrin:  an LP with 3 humbuckers is like a nice mopar with a hemi to me  :headbang:  nothing better

and, completely off subject, it looks like one of those has the gibson TP-6 bridge with the fine tuners. if so, how do you like it, and would you recommend it? i'm looking for little ways to upgrade my LP, and i think adding some mass to a TOM bridge could be a cool way

JaySwear said:
don't get me wrong, a 3 humbucker LP is probably the coolest thing you could possibly do to me  :icon_biggrin:  an LP with 3 humbuckers is like a nice mopar with a hemi to me  :headbang:  nothing better

and, completely off subject, it looks like one of those has the gibson TP-6 bridge with the fine tuners. if so, how do you like it, and would you recommend it? i'm looking for little ways to upgrade my LP, and i think adding some mass to a TOM bridge could be a cool way

its a kahler ;) not a TP6 :p and I like it, but only because its locked down now :D  :laughing3: :laughing7: as a trem, its great. imho, better than a floyd. as a locked bridge, its better than a  ToM. I like everything of it. it dives smooth, stays in tune quite well, nice intonation options, and: NO RATTLES or spring reverbration. the best thing is that the tone didn't change when the kahler got routed in. if any, the tone got better: bit brighter, bit more springy and airy, which this guitar really needed, and: playing just got a turn for the best: bending got so much easier!

no inlay is for me a turnoff. its like a nice looking girl, without boobs. (or, with boobs, but with ugly or no nipples at all...).

Awesome collection Orpheo... what happened to your Gibsons? And where are the Crimsons!?

dbw said:
Awesome collection Orpheo... what happened to your Gibsons? And where are the Crimsons!?

I sold almost all of them. I only have the 2 oldest and dearest left, a 76 custom and a'94 studio with ebony fingerboard (which my grandmother gave me). the rest is gone.

the crimsons are still under construction. the hollowbody will be here in a month, and the other 2 in 4-5 months. it might have been sooner, but I choose for this, cause I didn't want to let some stuff pass me by, like the blue and emerald les pauls.

Rest In Peace Les. (I'm a big fan, it's his birthday.. leave me alone.)

lespaul.jpg

:blob7:

Whoa! Is that a one piece bengal burst top?!!!!! Stunning!

I just have this 'ol thing lying around.

1956 Les Paul Special.

aIMG_0150lo-res.jpg

Back