Les Paul apprecitiation thread. Show what ya got.

hannaugh said:
Alternative 8

that's a powerfull pickup - how did you decide on that one? I like A8 magnets sometimes, but I find they're a little too loud and compressed for versitility. Great for hard rock and metal. Also should be pretty decent clean. The A8 magnet is very hi-fi - great clarity and note separation.

GoDrex said:
hannaugh said:
Alternative 8

that's a powerfull pickup - how did you decide on that one? I like A8 magnets sometimes, but I find they're a little too loud and compressed for versitility. Great for hard rock and metal. Also should be pretty decent clean. The A8 magnet is very hi-fi - great clarity and note separation.

I decided on that combo because I wanted the widest range of sounds I could possibly get.  I was originally thinking Jazz/JB, but then I started looking at the Alt8 and I thought it seemed a little more articulate (which I need at this point because I'm so used to the Alumitones that my other guitar sounds muddy to me now) and a little more badass.  I've been playing a lot of clean stuff and a lot of stuff with heavy distortion lately, and that one seemed to do both of those really well.  SD recommends mixing the Jazz and the Alt8 on their website, so I figured it would be a good combo. 

my Gibson Les Paul BFG.

3698144993_6561c92424.jpg

All I have is a cherry sunburst Epi Les Paul with a reglued headstock

Funny thing is, it's still a pretty good guitar

I can tell which guitar is the Gibson, I just want to know if it is a Custom, Standard, Classic, etc...

yeah.. I saw what I misread after your first response.. so I had to save face..  :toothy10:

rapfohl09 said:
I wish there was a jaw-drop smiley.

thanks man! i love it. with the raw look, and the raw (ish) neck, it's perfect for me. the neck is supposed to be raw mahogany, but it feels like they finished it with something thin, then never sanded it smooth. either way i love the feel.

jerryjg said:
Those BFG's look nice. How heavey is it? Mind weighing it for me?

i was wondering myself, so that spurred me to action  :icon_biggrin:  it came up to about 8 lbs. not too bad, really. pretty comfortable to play standing up

Unwound G said:
One G and two Ws but all Les.

those are awesome... i especially love the warmoth gold top. i was wondering how drastic the bridge position change would have to be between a 24.75" scale guitar and a 25.5". i'm guessing the goldtop is 25.5" and the gibson (obviously) and 2nd warmoth are 24.75"?

DangerousR6 said:
muttznmongrelz said:
My "ONE & ONLY"...1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard in Candy Apple Red w/EMG 85/81...

:thumbsup

1982GibsonLesPaul001-1.jpg
1982GibsonLesPaul002-1.jpg

1982GibsonLesPaul003-1.jpg
1982GibsonLesPaul004-1.jpg
You should go ahead and give it the Zakk Wilde treatment, and just remove the rest of the finish from the neck, and oil it up...... :headbang1:

I definitely need to convert it via the EMG 18V Mod. I have contemplated removing the rest of the finish on the back of the neck...but it plays well as is and it's all honest ware/mojo so I hate to mess with it really.

hannaugh said:
Unwound G said:

What model is the Gibson?  Custom?
With the angle of the pic I'm not seeing a bound headstock, but it has a bound body and neck with trap inlays.  I also can't see if there's an inlay between the tuners. I'm guessing its a standard.....but I've been wrong before.  :laughing7:

Unwound G said:

The one in the middle is a Gibson Standard.  Both W-LPs sport 25.5" necks and chambered bodies so they are Strat-friendly.

OK,

my les pauls!

All QUILT tops:
IMG_0438.jpg

All FLAME tops:

IMG_0444.jpg

All MAPLE tops:

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

All warmoth's:

IMG_0449-1.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

Sorry that I wasn't able to catch all the colours nicely, but it was a VERY sunny day, and I was VERY tired, too tired to do it right, I just came back from holiday, and I hadn't slept at that moment for 60 hours...

That green one is my new puppy, and boy oh boy, she ROCKS!!punchy, agressive, bright, growling, I like it! but whilst writing this I realise thats my describtion for every les paul (I like). maybe its my playing  :icon_jokercolor: :headbang:

Where'd that Fireburst quilt top come from?  I've seen all of your others except for that one. :icon_scratch:

Back