1959 Les Paul Replica

Tonar8352

I have dreamed of owning a 1959 Les Paul since 1974. This is a close as I will ever come to experiencing that dream. This is a Dave Johnson built replica which he built from 100 year old Honduran Mahogany and Brazilian Rosewood. Many of the parts are vintage 59 Gibson parts and the pickups are Over The Pond Guy zebras in the neck and double whites in the bridge. Some day it will get a set of real PAF's but the OTP's are as close to the real thing as you can get and will do more than fine for a while. Dude I'm psyched.  :eek:ccasion14:

IMG_9952_zpsn8xihyx4.jpg

What?  You didn't finish it yourself???  :)

The guy I bought this from commissioned Dave Johnson to build 5 of these about 12 years ago. He put a deposit large enough to cover the cost of two of them and lets just say after a very long wait and much nail biting he finally got 2 delivered about a month ago. Dave became so popular doing Historic Make Overs that his wait time got, shall we say a little long.  Dave's reputation at doing Les Paul finishes is among the best around and it is way more valuable having his name attached to it as the builder/finisher than if it was finished by me.

... pssst... what does it say on the headstock?

Lets just say that it comes very close to being able to pass as a real Burst. 

Back