Les Paul apprecitiation thread. Show what ya got.

Death by Uberschall said:
DangerousR6 said:
DangerousR6 said:
DangerousR6 said:
That's awesome.....Love the top... :icon_thumright:

Me too, weird but cool coloring and grain pattern.  :eek:ccasion14:
You usually don't see LP's with weird tops, plus it looks like it has a one piece back... :dontknow:

It's two piece, just a really good match.

I agree, it is as close to a "wild maple" top I've seen yet.
Ahhhhh, so it 'tis...I just didn't look at it closely enuff... :doh:

Forgot to mention, it's chambered too.  :icon_thumright:
Riiiiiiiight, sure it is..... :toothy11:

stirthepot.gif

Warmoth LP I built.

That's my old GIbson LP that I got rid of. Had Bare Knuckle Pickups "The Mule" set in it. Don't know why I got rid of it or what happened to it. Still regretting it to this day.

Dunno why I don't like it on the LP, but it reminds me of one of those music store snapshots thats haunted me for a couple decades now...

A Charvel in seafoam green, Floyd, humbucker on the bridge and angled single on the neck, played through a JCM 800 212 combo. Just for a few moments, but I still wonder at times, "what if..."

swarfrat said:
Dunno why I don't like it on the LP, but it reminds me of one of those music store snapshots thats haunted me for a couple decades now...

A Charvel in seafoam green, Floyd, humbucker on the bridge and angled single on the neck, played through a JCM 800 212 combo. Just for a few moments, but I still wonder at times, "what if..."

Build it man! Sounds like an awesome guitar. Definitely build it if it's haunting you. Give Charvel a call too, maybe they can do it!

swarfrat said:

I've come close to pulling the trigger on this one...The acoustics are not seen very often...Alas no Floyd tho... :sad1:
SeafoamCharvel.jpg

Two WARMOTHS, LP and LPS
Two Gibsons: Robot Studio and Les Paul Special Double Cut
One in construction...double cut

finishedLP.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01383.jpg

So now 2002 is "vintage" enough to have reissues built - in 2008? You guys kill me, you really do... :laughing11:
Lemme guess - In 2002 and ONLY IN 2002, Juan Pedro discovered the secret tone mod that brought howling mojo back to America -
you solder the second capacitor with the numbers UPSIDE-DOWN....  :eek: :eek: :eek: ...GO TEAM USA! :hello2:

"Magnifico!" cried Juan Pedro, just before his three-cerveza lunch did him wrong and he slipped and fell to his sticky demise in the simmering pot of Mojo Juice that Gibson execs keep under lock 'n' key, terrified that the viperous Paul Reed Smith was going to steal the secret formula*..... I played in a band for years with a guy who had a tragico-comico Les Paul Custom Shop Jones thing working (and a very tolerant wife). Every few months he'd sell one off and get another one and run up to me "Yougottaplaythis Yougottaplaythis Yougottaplaythis, man, this is finally the ONE!".... And a few months later he'd do it all over again. They all sounded alike.

*(bad news, guys....)

Stub: Head-on! said:
So now 2002 is "vintage" enough to have reissues built - in 2008? You guys kill me, you really do... :laughing11:

If you're referring to my post, do some homework. 2008 was a transition year for Gibson Les Paul Standards. Dealers had the option for a short period during 2008 to order Les Pauls with the original 2002 specs. The 2008 changes were PCB mounted electronics, different tuners, Nuetrek jack, asymmetrical neck carve, longer tenon, along with other minor cosmetic changes. Those changes were enough for many to want to keep the 2002 specs for as long as possible.

So when I say 2008 built to 2002 specs, I'm not talking "Vintage" or reissue, I'm talking build specs.  :icon_thumright:

... 2008 was a transition year for Gibson Les Paul Standards. Dealers had the option for a short period during 2008 to order Les Pauls with the original 2002 specs. The 2008 changes were PCB mounted electronics, different tuners, Nuetrek jack, asymmetrical neck carve, longer tenon, along with other minor cosmetic changes. Those changes were enough for many to want to keep the 2002 specs for as long as possible.

Minus the PCB mounted electronics I don't see why anyone would prefer the 2002 specs... :icon_scratch:

Back