Kuro's Non-Warmoth PVX #2 - Tattoo

Kuro Uma said:
I prefer the back to the front.
It's likely because I'm not entirely happy with the fretboard art.
I feel I could've made it flow a bit better but it is what is.
If your not happy with it.
You could always send it my way .....  :icon_biggrin:

I keep falling off my chair when I see this amazing piece. 
smiley-excited002.gif

Certainly ONE of a kind.  :icon_thumright:

Kudos to Kuro

Well, hell; I just tossed all my art supplies into a bonfire and sent away for the first printing of that classic ''Quilting for Dummys''...Truly incomparable work, Kuro--just breathtaking...

Where did you find the dye pens, and how did you prevent them from 'bleeding?

Thanks guys

Great Ape said:
Well, hell; I just tossed all my art supplies into a bonfire and sent away for the first printing of that classic ''Quilting for Dummys''...Truly incomparable work, Kuro--just breathtaking...

Where did you find the dye pens, and how did you prevent them from 'bleeding?

They are Prismacolor Illustration Markers. Basically alcohol based dye in a marker. I found a used set of 60 on Ebay. I really only sealed the natural masked edges. It seems just a perfect amount of dye comes out as you draw. I really didn't do anything to stop bleeding. It even has a colorless marker for blending colors. To really saturate and area you would have to continually go over and over it again. Bleeding wasn't a problem at all. The fine lines are black ink and the white is thinned enamel to soak into the wood. I hope this helps.

Kuro Uma said:
They are Prismacolor Illustration Markers. Basically alcohol based dye in a marker. I found a used set of 60 on Ebay. I really only sealed the natural masked edges. It seems just a perfect amount of dye comes out as you draw. I really didn't do anything to stop bleeding. It even has a colorless marker for blending colors. To really saturate and area you would have to continually go over and over it again. Bleeding wasn't a problem at all. The fine lines are black ink and the white is thinned enamel to soak into the wood. I hope this helps.

Ah cool, was wondering how you did the white parts. 

Prismacolor premier markers are great, I also love these adirondack refillable markers.. fill them with procion mx dye and ~60% ethanol, saves me from spending a fortune on prismacolor/copic markers =)

Thank you, Kuro...I cannot adequately express how stunning your work is on this piece; drawing or painting on a flat surface, like paper, is one thing, but doing it on a contoured, porous, edged surface is a whole different kettle of koy, and you are indeed a master! Thank you for sharing your exquisite vision with us--you are a daunting inspiration for sure; Like seeing Stevie Ray Vaughn play guitar--I don't know whether to get down to serious work, or just burn all my equipment!!! Great stuff!!

Great Ape said:
Thank you, Kuro...I cannot adequately express how stunning your work is on this piece; drawing or painting on a flat surface, like paper, is one thing, but doing it on a contoured, porous, edged surface is a whole different kettle of koy, and you are indeed a master! Thank you for sharing your exquisite vision with us--you are a daunting inspiration for sure; Like seeing Stevie Ray Vaughn play guitar--I don't know whether to get down to serious work, or just burn all my equipment!!! Great stuff!!

Wow Great Ape, Thank you seriouslly for the compliments. It means a lot coming from you. I absolutely love your work, You HAVE been getting down with some serious work already. The way I see it is, what we do here is share our passion for the guitar and we go a bit overboard with it sometimes. Your work on here is some of my favorite out of all the guitars I've ever seen.

Back in the days of the playground and the blacktop, we might have called that guitar "Dead Nasty!" 
:headbang:

She's finished... phew!

61yk.jpg

eo4o.jpg

7p75.jpg

zveu.jpg

t47b.jpg

g958.jpg

hi0e.jpg

Hipshot Griplock locking tuners. Black Tusq nut and saddles. BKP Black Hawk.

:headbang1:
That is amazing.  I must admit I was a doubter.    But the artwork is beautiful and I love how the flame shows thru it.

Only issue is I would be afraid to play it.

Kuro Uma said:
Been busy with the back and got it done today. Here are some in progress pics I took first.

l5t8.jpg

mfkx.jpg

Here it is done: No sealer yet.

I don't think I can possibly dye another piece on this guitar before going insane.

I'll glue it up tomorrow.

great work , what kind of paint did you use ?  ink or acrylic ?

Hendrix said:
Kuro Uma said:
Been busy with the back and got it done today. Here are some in progress pics I took first.

l5t8.jpg

mfkx.jpg

Here it is done: No sealer yet.

I don't think I can possibly dye another piece on this guitar before going insane.

I'll glue it up tomorrow.

great work , what kind of paint did you use ?  ink or acrylic ?

Thanks, It's Prismacolor Illustration markers. I got a set of 60 of Ebay for cheap. They are alcohol based dyed in a marker. The black is ink and the white is a thinned enamel.

It looks absolutely stunning... It must have taken simply hours to draw all of that.  :kewlpics:

Kuro Uma said:
Thanks, It's Prismacolor Illustration markers. I got a set of 60 of Ebay for cheap. They are alcohol based dyed in a marker. The black is ink and the white is a thinned enamel.

that a nice tool , I only remember using it in art school , when Mac classic still in B&W , later all commerical  illustrator all use Wacom , hardly see much markers still sell in art shop now .

stratamania said:
It looks absolutely stunning... It must have taken simply hours to draw all of that.  :kewlpics:

Thanks, It sure did. I did it in sessions whenever i could fit in the time. The back I did on a Saturday with nothing to do. It seriously took all day. I hadn't noticed the sun had went down and my wife asking if I was going to be hunched over it all night too.

Ace Flibble said:
Well. Damn. And I get nervous doing a two-colour burst :icon_thumright:

Whatcha mean

..... I get nervous opening up any of Kuro's threads here.  :icon_biggrin:

Back