Kuro's Non-Warmoth PVX #2 - Tattoo

Dia de los Muertos....
th

That is really some amazing work UK.
I am so jealous of people with artistic talent.  On my best day, I can draw a pretty decent stick person, but it has to be a good day...
Beautiful and I can't wait to see her finished.
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Breathtaking, masterful art, as always, Kuro!! How do you prevent the dyes from leeching ''outside the lines''? I've had occasional trouble with dyes bleeding...but those pens sound like a fantastic tool--and your work proves it!!

Black Dog said:
That is really some amazing work UK.
I am so jealous of people with artistic talent.  On my best day, I can draw a pretty decent stick person, but it has to be a good day...
Beautiful and I can't wait to see her finished.
:kewlpics: :rock-on:
farfrompuken_square_stickers-r647c7e89dca3431c896a6583c345d0bf_v9i40_8byvr_512.jpg

This looks really awesome.  I'm terrible with markers, so I'm always amazed when I see people make images that look like freaking paintings with them. 

The body itself is really nice as well as the neck BUT you've upped the ante after the finish work you've done! Beautiful work!

That is just incredible. 
I left the 'sealed' picture up on my computer for a bit, and kept coming back to it.  Her look just kept 'challenging' me, and challenging the death just behind her.  Gave me shivers!
Almost a shame to put a bridge into that pretty face, though the volume knob might be an earring....

Thanks for all the kind comments guys.

stratamania said:
Very impressive, will the art work extend to the neck also ?

Indeed it will

First off. I will likely do any art on fretboards BEFORE the frets are installed from now on. It was a challenge. I'm not 100% happy with how it came out because of that but it is what it is.

To start I wanted those Luminlay glowing side dots to be part of the markers. I marked out where they should go and punched them.
rjif.jpg

Got them installed
b126.jpg

Sketched out where I wanted the dye
ao31.jpg

Dyed them to go over the edge and onto the fretboard
9q8v.jpg

Lights off
2tva.jpg

All of the lines and straight edges are a little shaky and not to my liking but I've found I can straighten them all with a razor nicely.
I plan on going back after all the art in on and defining clear straight lines. For now forgive the unevenness of some of the lines. I will clean it up I promise.
The effect I want to achieve is the false binding on the neck and headstock to go with the body.

I wanted an angel and a demon with the Sistine Chapel Adam/God hands in the center. Here it so far:
a5h1.jpg

The Angel
qwta.jpg

The Demon
kmgg.jpg

The hands
l8mr.jpg

I still have a lot to do to make this look acceptable, But it's getting there. There is no sealer to help bring out the image as I'm not done with the images.
Once I have this done I'll be moving on to the headstock.

Awesome, love the incorporation of the luminlay inlays. Great artwork, I like the demon better for some reason... :evil4:

Wow, that really is quite something. I would imagine like you said with frets in the way it must be a real challenge to create the continuity of the image.

Very good work  :icon_thumright:

I like the eye, and the way the skin around it appears to be held together. Very creative  :icon_thumright:

Back