KREB Tele

Here is my dream come true guitar

KREB- Korina, Rosewood, Ebony, Bloodwood

Body: Solid Black Korina with unique choice Black Korina top. Satin finish.
Neck: Rosewood with Ebony fingerboard and bloodwood laminate underneath. Beeswax finish.
Bloody basin jasper dots and mother of pearl side dots.
Stainless fretwire
The pickups are rare original Q-Tuners unlike the current ones which do NOT have variable Q-factor.
These ones are extra rare because I had them made with coil tapped outputs.
These are basically air core sidewinders with rare earth magnets.  They are wood mounted and set up with four push/pull pots giving series/parallel, shunt and out of phase sounds.  They are super noiseless and sound incredible.
David King made the knobs, switch tip and pickup rings.  Knobs are ebony with bloodwood laminate to match the neck lam, and korina indicator lines.  Beeswax finish.
Rings are rosewood with beeswax finish.
Switch tip is ebony with beeswax also.
David does very nice work and is great to deal with.

The guitar has amazing sustain and tone.  I am very happy.

Attachments

• Korina Tele_1sm.jpg
    Korina Tele_1sm.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 600
  • Korina Tele_2sm.jpg
    Korina Tele_2sm.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 795
Thank you both for your kind words and welcome.  I will have to try and get a full guitar shot without having a lot of ugly stuff in the background.

Yes this was originally supposed to be a long term project but after I configured the body, I found a showcase neck that was just too perfect to pass up.  The pictures don't do it justice, the red carries through on the bloodwood too but the colour balance of the camera and lighting doesn't show it up as obviously as it is to the naked eye. There's one detail missing yet.  I need some string trees.

Welcome and a nice looking Tele.

I've no idea what tuners you have on there but do you really "need" string trees. If you have staggered height tuners and a properly cut nut you may not need them at all.  If you want them for some reason that's different.

Why are you Chokin a guitarist called Alex ?

@stratamania

Thanks for the welcome.  I put planet wave tuners on.  They are not staggered height.  The high E really needs a guide.  I think I'll put on two though just to get a uniform look.  I have a couple of dynaguides on order.  I think they are a great invention and make a lot of sense.

The name Chokin Al Lifeson is in homage to Alex Lifeson from the band Rush.  In the dvd entitled 'Beyond The Lighted Stage'  he was hamming it up in the dressing room with an acoustic guitar doing a parody of a delta blues musician and he called himself 'Chokin Al' as he was coughing out a tune.  I love the band and found it quite hilarious.  Rock on Alex.

Thanks for the compliment on my axe.

Ok got it on the string trees.

I'm also quite a fan of Rush, although in recent years I've not been so into the later material. I first saw them in the late seventies, when they had the double necks, kimonos and dining on honeydew in ice caves :)

The DVD you mentioned I don't think I have seen but I used to have quite few others from Rush on VHS, which are all now gone. Now you mention it makes sense...

I found the clip

http://youtu.be/mawt4YKNWQs

By the way there's another Forum member at the moment building his take on the Hentor Sportscaster, which hopefully we'll see some further pics of soon.

Enjoy your Warmoth...

Thanks for the shots. Man that neck paired up so well with that body! And love the red accents! Superb  :icon_thumright:

Back