Krank n stein

DocNrock said:
Very badass, Doug!   :headbang1:
Thanks Brent, it feels bad ass too.... :headbang:

It's one of those kinda guitars you know as soon as you hold it, that it just feels right. The neck is crazy awesome, seriously I don't know that I've ever like a guitar neck as much as this one. I thought I'd be a little freaked out with it having no fret markers, but it's just like riding a bike..And that's just from playing it unplugged. And the action is just crazy low...... :headbang1:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

It's one of those kinda guitars you know as soon as you hold it, that it just feels right. The neck is crazy awesome, seriously I don't know that I've ever like a guitar neck as much as this one. I thought I'd be a little freaked out with it having no fret markers, but it's just like riding a bike..And that's just from playing it unplugged. And the action is just crazy low...... :headbang1:

Don't worry about the lack of fret markers, your eyes will get trained to look at the side dots very quickly. I don't miss them at all.

Death by Uberschall said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

Don't worry about the lack of fret markers, your eyes will get trained to look at the side dots very quickly. I don't miss them at all.

+1, as much as I like markers, I have a guitar without them, and I can play it just fine...by the side dots.

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

Yea, I was truly amazed at how much I really didn't miss them. I thought it might be kind of intimidating, but it really didn't seem to bother me.. :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

+1, as much as I like markers, I have a guitar without them, and I can play it just fine...by the side dots.
I know the feeling, I was at odds with myself about whether to leave them out or get custom inlays. But the fretboard is so sweet i just couldn't bring myself to cover it up.... :binkybaby:

Sweet Doug, I'm rethinking one of my future projects now!  I like that fretboard sans markers.

Blue313 said:
Sweet Doug, I'm rethinking one of my future projects now!  I like that fretboard sans markers.
Thaks Dan, the ziricote is super sweet, and I'm diggin the clean look of no markers myself... :headbang1:

ognolman said:
So, I know I'm way behind on this, but what is a Krank n Stein and who made it?
This that I'm calling "Krank n Stein, is my version of an old Metal neck Kramer built years ago called the XL5 . I just redesigned it to work with a standard bolt on type neck, as the originals had a different type of bolt on neck. Then I sent my redesigned version to KnE guitars in Cali and they made the body for me... :icon_thumright:

ognolman said:
Well they did an awesome job on it.  I guess they did the neck, too?  I love that headstock.
Nope, the neck was a custom Warmoth order, it has the Ken Lawrence a.k.a. James Hetfield headstock.... :icon_biggrin:

Back