Knobs for Bourns

Jens

Anybody seen Speedknobs that will fit Bourns-pots?
I´ve just cracked my 4:th speedknob trying to file it up to make it fit properly.

Max said:
Bournes pots? Split or solid, knurled or smooth, what size?

Can´t remember the specific modelname. I´ll have to check when I get home. Here´s a photo of them atleast.
Bourns.jpg

I had pots like those once and if I remember correctly I just used a small pen knife and took some plastic out of the hole in the knobs until they slid onto the shaft somewhat easily, but still had a snug grip once they were on there.
Never cracked one.

Steve_Karl said:
I had pots like those once and if I remember correctly I just used a small pen knife and took some plastic out of the hole in the knobs until they slid onto the shaft somewhat easily, but still had a snug grip once they were on there.
Never cracked one.

Aight, I´ll give it a try, thanks!

Thats gonna be a ticklish one - getting them to stay on... the solid shaft is fatter than the knurled one.  I'd try Dremel m'self, and then something to sticky them onto the pots.

=CB= said:
Thats gonna be a ticklish one - getting them to stay on... the solid shaft is fatter than the knurled one.  I'd try Dremel m'self, and then something to sticky them onto the pots.

Maybe some hot glue(hobby kind), or some silicone.  Knobs wouldn't come off easy, but wouldn't be too hard to remove if needed.  Maybe even some plumbers tape. :icon_scratch:

Back