Gibson conversion necks and cases

eyu

I recently built a Jazzmaster with a Gibson conversion neck and am looking to get a real case for it, does anyone happen to know if the conversation neck will fit properly in a regular JM case?

Curious, what case are you looking at. And is the neck tilt back or flat. Also what is the distance from the end of the body to the nut. I can measure my plain jazzmaster and let you know. Probably will fit one of those Gator Jazzmaster / Jaguar cases. Won't know for certain without the measurements.
You got any pictures of your guitar, post a couple.

Last edited:
Reactions: eyu
I was thinking of a standard Jazzmaster case, the local shop doesn't usually have cases in stock but they've ordered them for me before.
It's a tilt back neck, and just a hair under 15" from the end of the body to the nut (I think 14 7/8").

Whoops, that image was tiny.

Attachments

• JM.jpg
    JM.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 38
What case did they order? I've just started my second jasscaster and am looking at cases.

Nice guitar!

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm proud of this one.
The other case I've ordered was a universal one for the strat I built, but it doesn't fit a Jazzmaster body.

I measured my gator jazzmaster case and in terms of length you are good on the short scale. The headstock could even be 5 inches shorter so you got plenty of room.

However, the only thing you'll have to check is the tilt back. You won't know until you get it. Let me know, because in my next build I might use a tiltback on a diamond back or jazzmaster and sure would be great if someone can scout it out for me (or anyone else on the board who might be interested).
Thanks,

However, the only thing you'll have to check is the tilt back. You won't know until you get it. Let me know, because in my next build I might use a tiltback on a diamond back or jazzmaster and sure would be great if someone can scout it out for me (or anyone else on the board who might be interested).
Thanks,

Well, one of the local shops had as Gator case in stock, and it turns out that fits the tiltback headstock. I could see the guy's face drop when he saw the non-standard headstock, but it's just enough room.
Looking at pictures of a lot of the Fender cases, it feels like most wouldn't.

I was thinking of a standard Jazzmaster case, the local shop doesn't usually have cases in stock but they've ordered them for me before.
It's a tilt back neck, and just a hair under 15" from the end of the body to the nut (I think 14 7/8").

Whoops, that image was tiny.
I love that wood grain pattern.

Back